Mechanical Engineer Location: Assen Job title: Static (fitness for service engineer) Duration: 12 month renewable contract Start date: May
The professional will be working in support of the Onshore Oil and Gas Production Facilities with the aim being the provision of mechanical expertise and support in the production unit and demonstrate technical integrity and reliability of pressure equipment (pressure vessel, tanks, piping etc) from a fitness for service perspective.
Seconded to that, this role is integrated within agile frameworks and as such it is part of the team that is tasked to keep the facilities reliable and available, evaluating and implementing processes in support of pressure equipment integrity management, and analyse equipment condition, perform fitness for service assessments and identify improvement with the RBI and corrosion management framework processes. Experience qualifications.
As a minimum the following applies (demonstrable, recent and relevant experience track record in):
- Master's or bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (or another relevant discipline) obtained from an internationally accredited university or institution.
- 10 years experience in the above-mentioned discipline(s) covering, brown field modifications, maintenance, Fitness For Service assessments with related and supportive software tools.
- The successful candidate must be a driven professional able to act as lead engineer on a project to take responsibility for the HVAC scope and project aspects such as planning,scheduling, manhour estimates and measuring physical progress.
- Has solid engineering and design experience in the Refinery, Petrochemical and Offshore markets.
- (10+ years) and Fitness for service
- Should have good understanding of requirements of other departments and interfaces in engineering.
- Independent worker
- Has good knowledge of national and international codes and standards.
- Has proven experience with UK, Dutch and European regulations.
- Ability to organize and set priorities.
- Ability to communicate, verbal and writing and present effectively.
- Ability to report in in English, both verbal & in writing. Mastering Dutch is an advantage.
- Proactive attitude.
- Flexible for business travelling.
- Computer literacy essential, proven tools experience with fitness for service.
- API 579 or equivalent: Fitness for services determinations (Level 2 minimum)
- Skill level knowledge of ASME B31.3, ASME-VIII, ASME PCC-2
- Experience in the repair and manufacturing of pressure equipment.
- Working knowledge of functionality and use of the maintenance management systems and supporting software SAP.
- A good understanding of the UK legislative stipulations governing the use or pressure equipment fabrication and use.
- Note the support will require travel to the production facilities, predominantly in the South-West, and East of the Netherlands.
- Presence in at head office is required (minimum once per week) to interface other colleagues in the agile squad.
Please apply using the relevant links.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!