Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSSE Trainer/ Advisor
for a 10-months contract to support an EPCm Project on Teesside.
You will be managing the HSSE training matrix and calendar and will also be required to undertake site visits and provide timely advice and guidance on all HSSE matters across the project lifecycle.
Reporting to the HSSE Lead, the purpose of the role is to provide support to the HSSE team by developing and undertaking HSSE training for the project, including Group, external, induction and awareness training for staff and contractors. Functionally, you will be reporting to the project HSSE Lead and Site Manager, you are also part of the project HSSE Team.
Ideally, you should be immediately available and residing in the North East of England.
We would particularly like to hear from candidates with a passion for effective HSSE Training and a keen eye for developing and delivering outstanding HSSE Training programs. As the trainer, you need to have high levels of competence with Microsoft PPT and be timely, trustworthy and approachable with a positive 'can do' attitude. This role will very much suit candidates who are committed to and take self-satisfaction from making a difference. Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Act as the focal point for all HSSE training and awareness for the project
- Update and Maintain the Project HSSE Training plan
- Support the development of new HSE training courses as determined by the needs of the project to address specific hazards, trends or the need for refresher training.
- Manage induction requests on a day-to-day basis.
- Deliver HSSE induction training to all personnel who mobilise to the project.
- Arrange external / Internal training programs as required
- Maintain records of all training that has been undertaken for compliance purposes.
- Assist the HSSE Team on a day-to-day basis
- Liaising with external training providers for HSSE Training.
- Ensure relevant legal and other requirements are identified and complied with including the requirements of training for Construction, Design and Management Regulations.
- Providing support to Project Managers and HSE Advisors in the development and roll-out of Group / local HSSE training
- Monitoring 'best-practice' and 'lessons learned' from across the wider organisation and external environment ensuring relevant opportunities are captured and communicated through awareness packages / communications.
- Establish key performance indicators for training and ensure that they are monitored on a regular frequency.
- Identify and establish productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (particularly client stakeholders) ensuring their needs are met and project benefit is leveraged.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- Train the trainer qualification
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant legislation and industry codes & standards
- Experience in a similar role on an EPC Project or within the construction industry.
- Effective planning and organisational skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office software including PPT
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively interrelate and influence at all levels
- Good understanding of heavy engineering and construction HSSE risks and awareness programs.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.