Who are we?
At Calumet we deliver innovative specialty products trusted by companies across the globe. We are the foundation to everyday essential products that help millions of people live and thrive. We are headquartered in Indianapolis and have numerous production locations in the US. We are customer focused and utilize our values of collaboration and entrepreneurship to grow the business. We offer a dynamic, high-performance environment where team members can have real input and impact on our business. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves, treat the business as if it is your own and add value accordingly, come see why we're Calumet Proud!
This Project Engineer will perform engineering project assignments with an emphasis on process improvements including design and upgrade of existing facilities. The project engineer will plan, execute, and finalize projects, meeting the deadlines and within budget guidelines. This includes acquiring resources, working with team members, and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
- Reviews design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Prepares bid packages and equipment inquiries. Participates in evaluation and selection process.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Directs all activities associated with project implementation and successful completion.
- Directs draftsmen with project drawing requirements.
- Performs safety audits and safety evaluations of contractors and plant personnel.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) Engineering required; Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical preferred.
- Possess excellent personal safety record.
- Experience with safety training, planning and troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience in a disciplined FEL 0-7 Project Management System preferred.
- Understanding of process engineering required.
- Basic ability to design equipment and systems.
- Basic ability to assess, project and review overall project costs.
- Experience at leading and operating both independently and within a team-oriented, collaborative environment required.
- General business, accounting and financial skills.
- Experience with MS Project, Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstration of Calumet Values - Safety, Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Respect
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer including disability and veteran. All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.