Who are we?
At Calumet we deliver innovative specialty products trusted by companies across the globe. We are the foundation to everyday essential products that help millions of people live and thrive. We are headquartered in Indianapolis and have numerous production locations in the US. We are customer focused and utilize our values of collaboration and entrepreneurship to grow the business. We offer a dynamic, high-performance environment where team members can have real input and impact on our business. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves, treat the business as if it is your own and add value accordingly, come see why we're Calumet Proud!
The Turnaround Manager is responsible to lead the safe execution of all planned process unit outages, including Turnarounds and extraordinary maintenance outages. Lead all phases of turnarounds and maintenance outages, from scope collection through field execution and post TA close out. Considerable focus will be placed on managing cost, schedule and facilitating best practices. Deliverables include determining the scope of work, effective planning, strategies for hazardous energy control, detailed timeline/schedule, and execution plans, and creating manpower plans. This position will work closely with key stakeholders at the site as well as key contractors and corporate turnaround SMEs.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountability to deliver successful Turnarounds and maintenance outages.
- Use of Corporate Turnaround Guidelines.
- Prepares and communicates funding requirements to meet TA objectives and premise.
- Priority placed on a safe turnaround execution.
- Develops pre-turnaround details, turnaround, and post-turnaround agenda with corporate and local business teams.
- Maintains site TA long range outage schedule for operational units.
- Establishes and directs TA planning and execution teams in planning, executing, and closing out approved TA activities.
- Establishes a plan for contracting manpower and work list development.
- Executes scoping and planning activities to ensure all work is completed on schedule.
- Develops turnaround site physical layout and logistics plan.
- Establishes and maintains necessary systems to allow the site to control cost and outage duration of Turnarounds.
- Ensures a detailed, integrated schedule is created for Turnarounds and outages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering degree or a minimum of 7+ years of refinery or chemical plant work experience with specific emphasis in turnaround supervision/management.
- Expertise in turnarounds and projects.
- Knowledge of SAP desired.
- Familiarity with Primavera desired.
- Focus on safely performing work and following compliance rules, codes, and regulations.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and analyze a situation.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, with proven ability to influence key stakeholders.
- In depth knowledge of maintenance work and execution for all craft types
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively with personnel at all levels.
- Effectively communicates at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated decision making and analytical skills.
- Results-driven, action-oriented, and delivers on commitments.
- Demonstration of Calumet Values - Safety, Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Respect
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer including disability and veteran. All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.