Who are we?
At Calumet we deliver innovative specialty products trusted by companies across the globe. We are the foundation to everyday essential products that help millions of people live and thrive. We are headquartered in Indianapolis and have numerous production locations in the US. We are customer focused and utilize our values of collaboration and entrepreneurship to grow the business. We offer a dynamic, high-performance environment where team members can have real input and impact on our business. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves, treat the business as if it is your own and add value accordingly, come see why we're Calumet Proud!
The Maintenance Supervisor provides the necessary support to accomplish Maintenance Department objectives in the most safe, economical, and technically feasible manner. This position is responsible for the indirect supervision and productivity of the production floor hourly staff. They direct the scheduling and maintenance activities in such a manner that high-quality repairs are completed in a timely manner aligned with the plant's safety, environmental and production objectives.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all work is performed safely and in accordance with all Calumet procedures
- Ensure the prioritizing, planning and execution of maintenance tasks including field walk downs to achieve high equipment uptime and integrity
- Ensure the efficient use of the J D Edwards maintenance module including the timely close out of work orders, updating of maintenance task routines, generation of reports, etc.
- Complete assigned engineering projects as directed and interface with contractors as needed
- Personally direct major equipment repairs by ensuring proper monitoring of the condition of plant equipment in cooperation with the Operations and Technical groups to maintain reliable operation
- Establish the performance standards for maintenance utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), develop the method of measurement, and provide timely and routine feedback to those responsible for the performance (performance management)
- Must be able to interpret Process Flow Diagrams and Process System Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs)
- Troubleshoot quality and process problems in collaboration with Operations Manager, Process Engineers, and others to ensure all aspects of equipment operation and maintenance are managed
- Ensure proper training and coaching of maintenance personnel and the evaluation of performance of the team in a continuous manner
- Perform plant housekeeping and LOTO audits and ensure that maintenance personnel are engaged in both activities
- Additional duties as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment, with applied experience in chemical or refining environments preferred
- Must be able to work any shift
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and JDE/SAP systems
- Bachelor's degree in business/production/related field
- 5 years previous Maintenance Supervision experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Excellent communications skills required
- Effective team skills to allow functionality in a matrixed organization
- Capability of working with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize tasks with minimal direction or oversight.
- Demonstration of Calumet Values - Safety, Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Respect
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer including disability and veteran. All offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.