Where you fit in
As a Project Manager - SAP at Shell, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally as we transform our business to meet our ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your program and project management career at Shell you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies. You will be part of the ERP PPM CC supporting, driving, delivering and contributing towards the ERP PPM CC strategic roadmap. What's the Role
In this role ( Project Manager - SAP ) you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery and implementation of Agile and Waterfall adhered methodologies to provide solutions on our ERP platforms for the business while maintaining business and profit growth. You will be managing projects with budgets ranging from USD 250K to greater than USD 1 Million while working with diverse global teams to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
Your further responsibilities include the following:
What we need from you
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Rigorously manage scope through a structured change management process to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters with focus on delivering the business benefits.
- Create and validate financial forecasts and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and expenditures.
- Assists with the co-development of new opportunities jointly with key business stakeholders
- Leverages other Digital teams such as Innovation, CoEs or Software Development teams to create the technology
- Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are within planned cost, timescale and agreed budgets.
- Apply Shell project management and IT control/assurance methodologies, standards and processes including architecture, information risk management, and transition to support.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and effective Governance structures and procedures to obtain resources, drive decisions, resolve issues, and deliver project objectives.
- 10+ years of experience including 3+ years' experience in Project management (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum) preferred.
- A proven track record with e2e delivery of SAP and/or SAP S/4 projects in a corporate environment.
- Broad knowledge of IT and the ability to understand the business, technical, and data architecture landscapes
- Have significant experience in delivering IT projects within these areas: Analytics & reporting, SAP upgrades and / or Migration (Global or country roll outs), Oil and gas domain, SAAS vendors, legal / fiscal/tax projects, acquisition and /or divestment projects, and Interface technologies (Biztalk, SSiS, Filemover, Apigee and SML)
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial skills, such as a business-value mindset, critical thinking, stakeholder management, and enabling value creation.
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its businesses footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We're creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
• We're closing the gender gap - whether, that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
• We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
• We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.