If you're a Credit Risk Professional with proven experience, we can offer you the opportunity to work at the heart of the Trading & Supply (T&S) Credit Risk organisation in one of the world's largest corporations.Where you fit in?
Based in London, you will be part of Shell's Global T&S Credit Risk organisation, providing credit risk advisory for complex structured (physical, financial, financing) transactions across LNG, oil products, freight, and sectors. The highly structured nature of the transactions, complexity and inherent risks require additional levels of risk management, monitoring and counterparty review and analysis.
The role owner is a member of the Credit Risk Management providing credit oversight for new and existing structured transactions across Europe & Africa. You will be supporting Shell's ongoing Energy transition initiatives across Shell's Trading & Supply businesses and interact with other businesses across the organisation.Our team tackles complex problems in original ways. We are a proactive group who are willing to do more than just respond to issues. We thrive on working smart and embrace new opportunities to drive the business agenda.What's the role?Bring us a combination of expertise in credit risk, deal structuring, and evaluation and you'll help us shape our business direction.
The role owner will review, manage and monitor existing and structured transactions, work closely with Trading & Supply commercial, finance and legal teams to execute new transactions, developing bespoke credit structures to manage and mitigate key risks and satisfy commercial objectives.
You will act as a team member responsible for all credit matters with regards to high-profile Energy (LNG, freight, Sectors) transactions in Europe & Africa working within a team to help the day-to-day credit duties.
The Senior Commercial Credit Advisor will be accountable for the following:
What we need from you?
- Credit Assessments - Assess and judge the creditworthiness of existing and new counterparties and recommend appropriate credit support and limits. Review and challenge analysis produced by team members and offshore support functions.
- Due diligence - conduct comprehensive counterparty review and analysis to identify key risks.
- Structured Transactions - Structure credit solutions that mitigate risks and potential losses, applying credit solutions using a combination of PCGs, cash collateral, security and other credit mitigating solutions.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Management - reporting on the financial / credit performance of counterparties, including exposures and produce MI reports and escalate as and when required.
- Work-out Management - Where the credit risk has increased to unacceptable levels or covenants have been breached, oversee the termination of the contract, work-out management and the recovery of bad debts/losses where appropriate.
- Adherence to Policies - Ensure all contracts comply with the Shell T&S Credit Policy and the business is protected as far as possible from credit risk events. Enhance and challenge standards as and when required.
- Stakeholder engagement - Engaging proactively with front office to support the structuring of credit solutions for new and revised transactions, in particular the structuring of appropriate credit and financial arrangements along with the internal approvals and stakeholder engagement.
- Supporting colleagues - Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve team, group and company objectives. Manage, teach, develop, junior members of staff.
- Stakeholder management across the business - Reporting to key internal stakeholders including the Credit Manager LNG, Freight, Sectors (Europe and Africa), the Head of Commercial Credit (Europe and Africa) and in some cases, directly to the Chief Commercial Officer/Chief Risk Officer to communicate potential risks and likely outcomes.
- Internal and External relationships development - have a detailed knowledge of the required LNG, freight, and sector markets, identifying innovative solutions to meet customer and business needs.
- Drive business and process improvement - through new ways of working, process improvements or contribute to systems enhancements and projects.
Your experience along with your stakeholder management skills will be critical in the development of appropriate credit strategies in cooperation with B usiness partner and customer portfolio management and analysis.
When it comes to building and maintaining strong and effective relationships across Finance and the wider business , it's your inter-personal skills that will make all the difference.
You are a thought leader, outspoken, assertive and team player - someone who can bring out the best in others, build communities and encourage sharing of knowledge and best practice. Relevant Skills and Educational Qualifications:
- Significant credit experience relating to structured credit, LNG, freight, and sectors.
- Graduate in related degree (Finance, maths, economics or other numerical degree)
- Excellent communicator and presenter
- In-depth knowledge of credit analysis
- Knowledge of credit management and mitigations tools eg. margining, LCs, PCGs, security, insurance
- Understands the General Trading Terms (GTMA, NBP, EFET, GT&Cs, ISDA/CSA etc)
- Understanding of the European energy markets
- Understands hedging strategies & debt management
- Cash flow forecasting and ability to sense check modelling
- Debenture, charges and covenant structuring and execution
- Good industry knowledge (settlement, regulation, cost stack for domestic and SME businesses)
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they do not feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.More about Shell in UK
- Demonstrable experience with ratings agency, bank, asset manager or commodity trader.
- Comfortable conducting due diligence and driving comprehensive credit assessments.
- Good understanding of financial statements, ratios, and concepts.
- Strong proficiency in excel, with the ability to sense check models eg.to estimate cashflows and credit exposure.
- Understanding and use of PFE and credit VaR, stress testing
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment.
Shell is an international energy company that aims to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. It is one of the world's largest independent energy companies, operating in more than 70 countries.
Shell has a global target to become a net zero emissions energy business by 2050. This means that Shell aims to be net zero on all emissions generated by its operations and the energy needed to power them. The company is working with customers, business, and governments to address emissions across different sectors.
In March 2022, Shell UK announced an ambition to invest between £20 to £25 billion in the UK energy system over the next decade, more than 75% of which is intended for low and zero-carbon products and services including offshore wind, hydrogen, and electric mobility. These investments, which are subject to board approval, aim to propel the UK closer to net zero whilst intending to stimulate economic growth and jobs.
Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are one of the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.