Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global company with wide-ranging opportunities that include career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford is hiring a Electronics Design Engineer for our West Hardy Road facility in Houston Texas. This is a hands-on, rewarding role that you'll design electronic hardware for downhole tools for the oil and gas industry. The Electronics Design Engineer will be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provides training, excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
Responsible for design of new products and makes improvements to existing products of MLWD tools.
Qualifications 3+ years of related experience in the following:
- Design, simulate, prototype, and test ruggedized electronics for use in Weatherford's MLWD and RSS downhole drilling systems.
- Develop and conduct prototype design qualification tests involving temperature, vibration, and pressure testing.
- Collaborate with other engineering staff to meet assigned project goals.
- Direct and oversee the project-specific activities of assigned technician staff.
- Interface closely with drafting group to develop PC board layouts and documentation.
- Participate in the engineering signoff of PC board documentation in Windchill.
- Provide support for all relevant design documents (work instructions, test procedures, theories of operation, etc).
- Assist Manufacturing with the transition of prototype designs to production.
- Provide troubleshooting support and root cause analysis investigation and documentation.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment .
- Competent user of data acquisition instrumentation and methods
- Proficient with data & circuit analysis tools (e.g. Matlab or Multisim)
- Experience in fit for purpose power supply design
- PCB Circuit design and simulations experience required
- Analog and digital design required
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Experience in the areas of low-power and high-temperature hardware design for the downhole environment.
- Electronics design experience with measuring and logging while drilling tools