Would you like to collaborate with dynamic, cross-functional and international teams?Our progress as a team and planet is intertwined. Are you ready to join us and take energy forward?
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear. We take energy forward making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. We have pledged to reduce our emissions by 50% by 2030, on our way to achieving net-zero emissions by 2050. You can be a major part of this journey.Partner with the best
As an expert in inertial sensor technology, you will work in a multidisciplinary project team on downhole-deployed measurement systems that measure trajectories of drill strings at high temperatures and demanding vibration and shock levels while drilling. Experienced in sensing and signal processing, you are researching and developing inertial sensor systems and algorithms for directional survey processing.
As a Scientist/Engineer - Inertial Measurements (d/f/m), you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Developing and designing downhole inertial measurement systems and applications
- Researching algorithms for processing downhole inertial measurements
- Taking ownership as first contact for inertial sensors and the electrical/mechanical integration of sensor technology in borehole measurement systems
- Developing methods and processes for calibration of directional measurements
- Modelling borehole positioning and directional algorithms
- Evaluating sensor systems, subsystems, and functions for specified operating conditions
- Investigating and evaluating sensor technology under harsh environmental conditions
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have an above average university degree in physics, geophysics, applied physics, electrical engineering, or other natural sciences, preferably Master's degree, Ph.D. or comparable qualification.
- Have deep analytical skills and experience in algorithm development for data processing and interpretation
- Have experience with harsh-environment sensor technology and signal processing
- Have deep experience with data analysis frameworks, e.g. experience with Matlab, Python, or other programming languages
- Have preferably experience with system modelling
- Have profound technical communication skills
- Be a self-motivated learner, continuously develop and dive into complex technical topics
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Be a team player in a cross-functional environment with excellent interpersonal skills in an international environment
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefitsAbout Us:
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.