Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Duties & Responsibilities Purpose
- To support the Financial Controller, provide leadership to the Finance Team and provide support to other business functions on site.
- To support the financial reporting of SDS- R in line with Corporate requirements and to support the achievement of business and financial results in line with company targets and objectives.
- To continuously strive for improvement, change and development in all areas of finance and business associated processes.
- Individual contributor who can work independently under their own initiative.
- Can manage and navigate ambiguous projects with minimal support from more experienced employees.
- Experienced professional with adequate understanding of one's own job area and role function
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of scope and complexity.
- Is decisive - Explains facts, provides context and policies to internal/external parties for information or to elicit support.
- Actively participate in HSE initiatives and ensuring safety comes first.
- Provide support, development and guidance to the Finance Team and to the business / management organisation related to best practice financial management, systems of work, ensuring continuous improvement thinking is fostered and that the resulting levels of compliance are met.
- Preparation, submission and commentary on the monthly management accounts, variance analysis and forecast packs, which must be reliable and timely (including balance sheet reconciliations and Cash Flow forecasts).
- Drive the Annual SDS-R Operating Plan process detailing opportunities, risk and areas of growth.
- Ownership of the monthly Business Review pack and "Flash" reporting pack and supporting commentary.
- Ensure the Cost Accounting team provides support to the Project Managers in the preparation of their monthly reports.
- Integrate fully with the site operations team understanding the manufacturing process and stages and associated costs.
- Drive monthly Project Reviews process and access impact of changes on the business operating results.
- Actively participate and challenge results in Estimate Reviews, Risk Reviews, Bid Reviews, Project Hand-over Meetings and Stagegate meetings.
- Manage the site program of investments, capital expenditure and analysis of expected returns.
- Ensure the Balance Sheet reconciliations are prepared and justified, meeting Best Practice standard.
- Support the Financial Controller in ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place across the business (SOX) and compliance with financial reporting standards (UK & US GAAP), ensuring the business does not under-take work without relevant contract cover.
- Encourage and drive Finance Team development on a technical and personal basis.
- Occasional International travel (US/Brazil) may be required.
- Qualified Accountant (E) to UK standard or equivalent
- Proven experience in industry (E) - Operational or Project based industries (P)
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance experience (P)
- Ability to communicate and present high level information to non-financial managers (E)
- Previous experience in Lean or similar continuous improvement projects (P)
- Well organised and able demonstrate ability to work to business deadlines in a corporate environment (E)
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.