Do you wish to have an opportunity to deliver digitalization in Finance & Tax through Analytics for Shell Downstream? Join us as you further understand business drivers as well as how to create and enable significant business value with all the professional and personal opportunities you'd expect from a positive, global company.Where you fit in
You will be part of Shell's Downstream IT Organisation, positioned in the Downstream Platforms and Functions Team (DPF). DPF is accountable for all ERP and xDS Data and Analytics platforms, xDS and Functions applications and CAP landscapes across Downstream. Our systems operate in over 30 countries around the world, with over 32k users and process over 12k Fuels delivery a day, over 11 million Finance documents monthly and over 2.27 million tons of lubricant products a year. Our ERP landscape is one of the largest implementations globally of the SAP environment and the DS BW/HANA platform is the largest in Shell.What's the role
As an Associate IDT Product Analyst, you will play a key role in execution of the tasks within the end-to-end IT Service Portfolio Management (ITSPM) process. You will also understand how Business and IT strategy translate to and shape the current and future portfolio of applications and services and ensure fit-for-purpose solutions to satisfy business critical requirements and the future of the portfolio.
Moreover, we'll entrust you with the following:
What we need from you
- Define Portfolio and Application Roadmap
- Do initial demand assessment and high-level design, scoping and estimation.
- Contribute to IT Strategic Planning by evaluating the impact that new business imperatives will have on application & service portfolio
- Align Roadmaps with Architecture and Investment Portfolio Planning, identifying new development and decommissioning opportunities
- Drive Delivery Integration across products and natural teams within SOM, IRM, Architecture etc.
- Effectively engage with IT Managers SOM and Architects, and assure portfolio changes: manage application step out process, initiate and follow-up on application enhancements, provide steer and advice to relevant projects, maintain awareness of service delivery
- Actively drive the harvest agenda by seeking opportunities for portfolio optimisation and application/service decommissioning
- Support SOM and Architecture to review performance of suppliers and the future engagement strategy, population of supplier scorecards.
- Assist Contracting & Procurement with contract and license negotiations for non-strategic suppliers.
Being part of a dedicated team, we are keen to hear from individuals who have a bachelor's degree in any related fields with a mindset of creating and enabling the technology vision that articulates the IT response to Shell's business mission and respective strategic priorities.
We'd also hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- 5-8 years of total IT delivery experience
- A good conceptual understanding of Finance, Indirect tax reporting & compliance solutions
- Knowledge and ability to translate business requirements into design for SAP BW, Native HANA, Azure
- Good knowledge in Finance & Tax domain with Data modelling skills
- Understanding of IT Product Management & Agile delivery methodology
- Strong IT management and analysis skills
- Technical skills on Visualization (SAC / Power BI) & UI design would be a big plus
- Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
- Demonstrated skill running effective meetings, running Demos & workshops for ideation, and getting buy-in, direction from participants which sometimes may include leaders from IT & Business
- Facilitate governance, portfolio reviews, and other Delivery related meetings