Shell is looking for an experienced Solution Architect in equal opportunity environment where diversity and inclusion are valued. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse group of individuals committed to excellence and innovation. You will also get support for career growth within our global trading organization. If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for technology and strong leadership and communication skills, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and help us shape the future of energy solutions.Where you fit in
You will be a part of a global architecture team based in London, Houston, and Bangalore, supporting common business functions such as Risk Management (Market Risk, Credit Risk), Trading Compliance (KYC, Trading surveillance & Monitoring), Contracts Management, and Front Office Controls in a dynamic trading organization.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative solutions that drive business success through ongoing initiatives to transform the architecture of some areas.What's the role?
As Solution Architect, your key deliverables include:
- Clarifying the business purpose.
- Integrating with the long-term architecture vision.
- Supporting assessments of the solution's data requirements.
- Defining the application and technical architectures.
In this role, you will have a view of emerging technologies and standards and will contribute to digital transformation initiatives. You will also require the passion for assessing new technologies with a commercial mindset and driving IT solution delivery towards value-based outcomes built on a foundation of a well-integrated landscape.
You will have full ownership of all architecture domains, i.e., technology, applications and Data.
Furthermore, your accountabilities are as follows:
What we need from you
- Provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to products and projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to Shell standards and reference/segment architectures. The Solution Architect is accountable to the Project Manager for the architecture of a solution being developed and implemented until the successful deployment of the solution. This includes:
- Being the point of call for all architecture aspects of an IT Project
- Being able to address and integrate the: Business Process, Data, Application, Technical and Information Security aspects of an IT Solution
- Ensure projects solution architecture is documented using the templates, System Architect tooling and conforms to standards
- Coach detailed designers and business analysts in projects during their design work.
- Reviewing and accepting the detailed design of an IT solution
- Provide solution architecture an understanding of how the project fits into the segment architecture. Ensure compliance and alignment of the project design
- Take an active role in documenting, improving & maintaining the Reference Models in BizzDesign. Lifting project deliverables to the Conceptual and Logical levels
- Follow IT Technology developments in the market and leverage this knowledge in architecting solutions in Shell. Ensure solutions are 'future-proof'
- Stay in touch with development of standards and standard services in IT at Shell. To ensure the latest service developments are taken into account
- Pro-actively contribute to the development of the Architecture community and be an ambassador for Architecture. Interact with stakeholders on architecture issues and strategic improvements where such expertise is required
- May require hands on technical assistance in Proof of Concept (POC) / Proof of Value (POV) efforts and mentoring of technical staff
We're keen to hear from IT professionals who has substantial experience in Solution Architecture with a passion for the trading domain. Beyond that, we'd want to hear from individuals who have the following skill set:
- Knowledge of the trading Risk and trading compliance business domain
- Excellent communication skills & good stakeholder management are crucial for this role.
- Hands-on demonstrable experience in architecting E2E (End to End) business solutions
- Hands-on Architecting experience in building Microservices, APIs, Cloud Native applications, and Data platform
- Good knowledge of business process modelling
- Experience with Data architecture (logical data modelling concepts)
- Desirable Skills: - intermediate to advance exposure to below skills
- Azure Active Directory, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Storage, Azure Functions, Azure Kubernetes Service, CosmosDB, MongDB
- AWS RDS, AWS EC2, S3
- Integration: Kafka, Logic Apps
- Other Technologies/Platforms: - SAP HANA, Spark, Salesforce, API management, Multifactor authentication, Collibra, CubeLogic Risk Cube, SAS, Qlik
- While you experience in working with Enterprise Architecture tools such as BiZZDesign is not required, it will certainly be beneficial in your application
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part. An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.