An exciting opportunity to work in the new Engineering organization in Shell IT. We are looking for a talented Software Engineer with great interpersonal skills to join our team. Shell's business has been built on a foundation of innovative technology and skilled people. By providing energy to sustain people's lives over 125 years, Shell is one of the world's leading companies. Information & Digital Engineering (IDE) gives you an opportunity to make an impact that matters - be it in complex predictive maintenance and inventory management solutions to optimize uptime of our Upstream assets or innovative solutions that satisfy customers at one of our 49,000 branded service stations, the world's largest retail network.Where you fit in
Your growth is our future in IDT. Information & Digital Technology (IDT) supports all aspects of our businesses and we have some of the world's most complex problems to solve. You will not only get an opportunity to work with the latest technologies, but with the scale of Shell, you will also get the opportunity to shape future digital technology working with the biggest players in the technology industry. With open source a key tenet of our technology choices, you will also get the opportunity to contribute back to the software community. The diversity of positions on offer are bound to help you grow in your career.
Working with other computer scientists and software engineers in Shell, IDE offers a unique opportunity for you to make an impact across a complex integrated energy value chain serving all lines of business in the Group. You could be creating new customer services in the largest Lubricants business globally, or innovating ways to grow an Aviation business which refuels five aircrafts every minute. With Shell investing significantly in renewables, there will be several opportunities to power our green engine too.What's the role
As Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack, we expect you to have proven experience in adhering to software engineering best practices, delivering software products/applications generating business value. They are expected to have continuous improvement mindset, driving value-based process, product/application optimization.
Your further responsibilities include the following:
What we need from you
- Solution consultation and development in accordance to the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices are also one of your key roles.
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation.
- Contribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations.
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on-premise solutions, cloud and legacy systems.
- Design, development, testing and implementation of software solutions designed for mobile devices
- Scope for influencing design and architecture
- Liaise with multiple technology teams, operations and product contacts of varying degrees of seniority to facilitate project delivery
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Working closely with the product and UX Team to work on user experience optimization
- Connecting app with backend services
We're keen to hear to hear from professionals who have degrees in BE / BTech / ME / MTech / MCA / MSc. Comp. Science with a significant experience in b uilding end-to-end applications for web, mobile and tablet devices.
Moreover, we'd hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- 8+ years overall experience with at least 3 years of hands-on experience as a Full Stack Lead
- Experience in building apps using React JS or React Native on Front End
- Experience in building apps using .NET Core or Node JS or Golang on Back End
- Experience with CI/CD using Azure DevOps
- Working knowledge on containerization using Docker, Kubernetes
- Working knowledge ofAzure PaaS, Azure Functions
- Experience in Test Driven Development and testing frameworks such as Jest / Enzyme/ Karma
- Good analytical and debugging skills and e xperience with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong experience with Android or iOS or Angular JS or Flutter
- Understanding of performance testing and optimization techniques
- Familiarity with usability concepts within web & mobile design
- Knowledge of GitHUb and expertise in wearable devices
- Experience in No SQL dbs such as MongoDB/Cosmos DB
- People management skills