Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSE Advisor with significant experience in providing day-to-day strategy and direction to deliver HSE, training & competency excellence and risk management.
Wood has a collaborative maintenance contract with Ampol to deliver leading maintenance services to their Lytton site in Brisbane.
You will ensure that support, advice and guidance is given to guarantee all Wood personnel have the necessary tools, training, competency and awareness to carry out their tasks safely and to quality expectations.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place. Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications Skills
- Accountable for ensuring the delivery of:
- HSEQ legislative compliance
- management systems expertise
- incident investigation management
- injury and return to work guidance
- delivery of the contracts HSEQ and competency improvement plans
- emergency response and security arrangements
- HSEQ risk, and assurance deliverables
- Implementation of corporate initiatives
- Responsible for selecting, training, developing and motivating HSEQ staff to deliver excellence
- Coordinate and facilitate HSE inductions and other training & competency programs on the Ampol Contract
- Monitor the recording, reporting and analysis of HSE and training performance metrics
- Manage Wood project HSE Representatives on Ampol contract of 100 - 150 personnel covering professional and trade employees plus provide direction to contractors
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, national, industry, Wood and Client health, safety and environment (HSE) laws, regulations, procedures, processes and management systems
- Prepare and submit HSE reports to management on current status and provide appropriate recommendations
- Ability to comply with contractual documentation
- Provide HSE support as required to other regional projects and tender submissions
- Certification and maintenance of ISO standards on the contract(s)
- Minimum 5 years senior HSE experience within water, construction, mining, oil and gas or heavy engineering fields
- Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position
- Significant experience in managing Workers Compensation claims, Rehabilitation and Return to Work Programs
- Management of Inspection and Assurance Activities, including expertise in "Root Cause" Analysis investigations
- Experience in developing and facilitating training and competency management
- Professional demeanour with proven interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally, including sub-contractors and importantly, clients
- Experience managing teams within both blue and white collar workforces
- Experience in facility shutdowns and turnarounds
- Flexible, proactive and can-do attitude.
- Professional OHS and Certificate IV Workplace Training & Assessment qualifications
- Significant HSE site experience on oil and gas projects preferred
- Corporate HSE project initiatives
If you're an experienced HSE Advisor, ready for your next challenge, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity! Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.