Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking several Junior-Intermediate Project Engineers
for programs related to In-situ, Minable, or Midstream and Downstream projects in Edmonton, AB
to join our busy and growing Oil & Gas Canada team due to growth in our business!
Our projects team has a long history of delivering some of the biggest and most complex projects in the Canadian oilsands, along with associated pipelines and refinery infrastructure. Wood has a strong presence in the energy transition supporting the rapidly growing decarbonization and renewables industry in Canada and across the globe.
Join a culture of innovation,
pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients across Canada.
Come and join a winning team!
Join #teamwood! Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Project Manager to meet the project execution philosophy, strategies and execution plans;
- Liaise closely with project team members as well as technical and functional program support team members to ensure all aspects of project execution are on track and coordinated;
- Participate in intra-program and project teams to ensure the effective development of project deliverables, including technical deliverables as well as environmental, safety and regulatory deliverables;
- Conduct weekly interdisciplinary meetings, record and issue minutes;
- Interface with the client as required;
Skills / Qualifications
- Liaise with Project Engineers in other areas of the program to ensure alignment across scope and activities;
- Support the Project Manager in effective implementation of Owner's management of change (technical or otherwise);
- Act as primary contact for all requests for information from contractors;
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring that all contract requirements are adhered to by Contractor(s);
- Support implementation of the program formal interface management process and support resolution of issues according to the agreed upon escalation procedure;
- Draw on available expertise and resources, make decisions and resolve execution issues to ensure the project remains on track, balancing cost, schedule and quality appropriately and in line with project philosophy;
- Support the implementation of appropriate project controls such that real time knowledge of project execution is available, understood and acted upon;
- Manage the scope of work and schedule of Engineering resources including any external Engineering contractors, internal resources and third-party interface activities and requirements;
- Manage to an Engineering plan that addresses resources, deliverables, quality control and oversight, communication, execution processes, design reviews, change management, Process Hazard Assessments and turnover of engineering deliverables;
- Ensure processes are followed to ensure that the design meets the applicable codes, practices, standards, specifications and quality required;
- Advise on risks with respect to design aspects and design changes;
- Coordinate the technical query process (RFIs);
- Provides backup to the Project Manager as required.
- A degree in Engineering and registration as a P. Eng. (or E.I.T. elligible to register as P.Eng) is strongly preferred;
- A minimum of 3 years experience for Junior position, 8 years experience for Intermediate position
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Alberta regulatory process pertaining to the construction of oil and gas facilities is preferred ;
- Formal project management training and PMP certification would be considered an asset;
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills are required for the purpose of preparing proposals, letters, emails, legal contracts, technical presentations, consultation, and project reporting
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule in support of the Calgary office
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.