Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking to add Senior Project Engineers
to programs related to In-Situ, Minable, or Midstream and Downstream projects in Edmonton, AB
to join our busy and growing Oil & Gas Canada team due to growth in our business!
Our projects team has a long history of delivering some of the biggest and most complex projects in the Canadian oilsands, along with associated pipelines and refinery infrastructure. Wood has a strong presence in the energy transition supporting the rapidly growing decarbonization and renewables industry in Canada and across the globe.
Join a culture of innovation,
pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients across Canada.
Come and join a winning team!
The Senior Project Engineer has overall project engineering management responsibility for the delivery of projects in terms of cost, schedule, technical conformance, HSSEA (Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Assurance), quality and ensuring compliance with company procedures.
The Senior Project Engineer ensures that the project is properly resourced, provides direction & mentorship to project staff, assigns work, supervises activities, coordinates across project interfaces and is responsible for the daily activities of all aspects of the projects. The Senior Project Engineer must have effective lines of communication and maintain a good working relationship with Clients.
Supporting opportunities in the business-related sectors, building relationships & liaising with potential clients, active participation in proposal preparation, submission and award discussions. Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- supports proposal strategy development, preparation, clarification and award negotiations
- develops and implements the project execution strategy, information management plan and engineering staffing plan
- authorizes all project work plans, strategies, methodologies and schedules
- develops and maintain project coordination processes including organization structure, approval matrix, communications interface matrix, function list, key stakeholder contact list, information needs list and project review action log
- manages the development and implementation of all project work breakdown structures (WBS), work packages, cost control systems, and progress and performance monitoring systems
- manages all project budgets, cost plans, capital cost budgets, capital expenditure and financial and commercial matters
- develops and manage project-specific change and risk management systems
- ensures project requirements for permits, licenses, and regulatory agency approvals are met and up to date
- organizes and lead planning sessions, team building workshops and project coordination meetings
- ensures an appropriate review process is implemented for the project including internal and Client project reviews, risk reviews, constructability and independent peer reviews
- oversees and authorize project reports including accident, incident and near miss, monthly progress reports, other technical reports, regular and special project reports
- ensures effective validation and close-out of project including archiving of all relevant data and documentation
- Registration as a P. Eng. is mandatory with 15 to 25 years of broad and extensive experience in Oil, Gas & Chemicals projects
- Must possess a high degree of originality, skill and proficiency in the various broad phases of engineering application and knowledge of quality management, human resources, financial and other administrative principles and practices
- Must be eligible for professional registration in other provinces across Canada.
- Facilitates and establishes the means of coordination of engineering work between disciplines and between the engineering team and other project functions
- Provides leadership and counsel to discipline leads
- Interface with other offices as required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.