Job Title: Process Engineer II
Work Location: Houston, TX (Spring)
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Schedule: 5 days on, 2 days off
Travel: no travel required for this position MAIN FUNCTIONS
Lead a design team in the development of basic process design specifications or provide oversight of an engineering contractor's technical deliverables during the front-end design / detailed engineering phases of projects. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Monitor and lead junior engineers in the development of process design specifications, including the development of heat & material balances, design flow plans, process equipment design, preliminary hydraulic balances, utility balances, basic process control & instrumentation, materials selection, safety facilities.
- Setting up new project workspaces in Aspen Basic Engineering (ABE)
- Configure ABE workspace to reflect project specific needs such as ABE explorer organizational structure, create all equipment and stream objects, and assign all equipment and objects to the appropriate PBS folder.
- Hand over configured ABE workspaces, onboard project engineers on how to effectively use the tool.
- Provide 'as-needed' continued support to project teams using ABE such as answering ad-hoc questions, demonstrating features, and coordinating with AspenTech support.
- Lead and/or perform process optimization studies to identify / evaluate capital / operating cost savings, process configuration alternatives, safety facilities requirements, etc.
- Provide technical oversight for engineering contractor's work during front end engineering & design / detailed engineering to ensure consistency with Company methods & guidelines, project specifications & owner's requirements.
- Participate in Hazard & Operability Reviews for new / modified facilities / in support of existing plant facilities.
- Provide commissioning & start-up assistance for new / modified facilities, as required.
- Establish organization and staffing process.
• Contractor must have significant experience (5+ years, used on multiple projects) using Aspen Basic Engineering (ABE) as a process engineer.
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in petroleum refining / chemical process industry / with an engineering contractor serving these industries
• Capital project development experience
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficiency in Aspen Basic Engineering (ABE) required
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.