NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the energy industry. Our client, a fast-growing chemical engineering company dedicated to creating advanced catalyst solutions, has a permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Supervisor- Products to be based in Bayport, TX plant.
Title: Mechanical Design Supervisor
Location: Bayport, TX
Seeking a Mechanical Design Supervisor for our Catalyst business group based in Bayport, TX. As the Mechanical Design Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing day to day administrative and technical supervision of mechanical designers supporting our Bayport capital portfolio. In this role you will also be responsible for completing mechanical engineering design efforts for capital projects as required. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead Bayport Capital Projects mechanical design team.
- Execute mechanical design activities on capital projects. Activities include: P&ID
- development, equipment specifications and design, plant layout, piping design, and
- generation of complete mechanical construction packages.
- Supervise the mechanical design activities conducted by engineering contractors.
- Follow Corporate mechanical design standards and specifications.
- Provide mechanical design, stress analysis, vessel design, and code compliance technical
- support on capital project and to maintenance and other groups as needed.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and develop solutions that improve the efficiency,
- quality, and speed of the mechanical design process.
- Full alignment and demonstration of company core values.
- Full personal, team and project safety performance.
- Full technical responsibility for the results of the mechanical design team's efforts and for the
- effectiveness of its overall integration with other engineering and production site teams.
- Plan and supervise work of staff to align with project specific targets and department metrics.
- Zero injuries and incidents on assigned capital projects.
- Design packages comply with applicable codes (ASME, API), standards, and best practices for process plant design.
- Design activities are completed in accordance with the project schedule and budget.
- Design packages must be complete (contain all required sections) and have the required quality in order to minimize field change orders.
- Continuous improvement in procedures, tools, standards, and team performance.
Education and Experience Required:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 15+ years of industry experience or an advanced engineering degree with lesser experience.
- Strong knowledge of equipment required - pumps, pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, mixers used in the chemical processing industry.
- Direct experience with all the required aspects of mechanical design required. Aspects
- include: P&ID development, equipment specifications and design, plant layout, piping design, and generation of complete mechanical construction packages.
- Must have experience with mechanical design during all phases of a capital project - scope
- development, detailed design, construction, and commissioning.
- Knowledge and experience with applicable codes (ASME, API), standards, and best practices for process plant design.
- Experience with software tools such as Autodesk, AutoCAD, STAAD, CAESAR,
- and COMPRESS.
- Experience with coordinating the activities of other design disciplines (civil, electrical, and
- instrumentation) is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varied scope, schedule, and priorities.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.