Overview / Responsibilities The preferred partner for delivering digitally enabled capital investments with low carbon solutions.
Wood's Projects business unit specialises in delivering predictable and consistent results in high complexity projects that include new technology, challenging construction logistics and, or sheer scale. Just like the nature and expansiveness of our sectors, so is our Projects business, in its solutions, abilities and global track record. Across any major capital project lifecycle, we provide a full suite of solutions from programme and project management, to engineering and design, procurement, construction and project delivery.
Powered by a global team of more than 12,000 people, we deliver some of the world's boldest and most critical projects
in many diverse and evolving sectors, including:
- Upstream / Midstream / Downstream Oil & Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Mining & Minerals
- Industrials & Manufacturing
- Life Sciences
- Government services
We have an opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer to join our team in Staines on a staff basis. The role would afford opportunities both within oil and gas projects as well as net zero projects and projects in the energy transition.
You will be required to help support delivery of engineering excellence in assigned project(s) through executing and delivering the engineering for an assigned project scope to schedule and in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications and standards.
What we can offer
- Contributes to the Project Execution Plan, Discipline Design Instruction and Contract requisitions; prepares project plans and multi-discipline documents such as basis of design, subcontract scopes of work.
- Able to manage and coordinate engineering multidiscipline inputs and deliverables across multiple execution centres including workshare / high value engineering centres.
- Understands and works to quality system; monitors and acts on deficiencies.
- Checks Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) issues are identified and addressed in design, manufacture, construction, commissioning and operations.
- Develops Project Specific Procedures.
- Ensures that the Engineering disciplines comply strictly with the contract and scope of work in completing project activities.
- Responsible for assuring quality of engineering deliverables before issue to customer.
- Chairs technical meetings with Third Parties and manages particular technical issues through to completion.
- Plans individual work activities and manages time; liaises with disciplines to ensure timely receipt of comments.
- Inputs to work plan, sets targets and holds regular reviews.
- Expedite Engineers to deliver to schedule, fully understand reasons for delay and drive development of recovery plans.
- Resolves most delays or changes and escalates only most serious issues.
- Highlights and quantifies changes that impacts work.
- Able to effect change when approved.
- Supervises work of technical professionals in the delivery of engineering deliverables including checking work.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary team.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Skills / Qualifications
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across the energy transition, emerging and conventional energy sectors
- A caring team culture; we support each other professionally and personally, encouraging knowledge sharing across all areas of the business
- Energy Transition Academy; join a community of experts sharing your knowledge and gaining more exposure to a variety of existing and emerging energy systems - delivered by experts in their field
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive renumeration package with regular reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays),plus the potential for one additional 'flex day' per month. Further benefits include a generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
Y ou may read these details and consider not applying because your knowledge, experience and skills base doesn't fully cover every item listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but think you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges and grow your potential....do apply.
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in an engineering discipline
- Have experience in an appropriate industry (ideally in one or more of Oil & Gas, LNG & GTL, Refining, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Pharmaceutical, Power)
- Good understanding of technical work scope, key dates and milestones
- Positive attitude to learn and develop
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Takes initiative and seeks out improvements
- Good communicator verbally and in written form
- Strong planning, organising and execution skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Works effectively as a member of a team
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.