We are looking for a Cost estimator. In this role, you will be part of one of the global leaders in the sustainable energy market. This role if a 1-year contractor position with a possibility to extend it and it will be located in the Hague, Netherlands.
In this role you are going to play an important role in developing and executing projects involving installation of water electrolysis, often integrated into our customers' production facilities. The department is stand-alone business unit within our client and you'll be developing and managing the schedules from project development through engineering, concept selection, tendering, construction, and commissioning. You'll be working on several projects in different stages of maturity.
Together with your team, you will be involved in an increasing amount of hydrogen projects in the Netherlands. You will have a unique opportunity to be part of a growing and innovative team supported by a large global organisation. All the team members play multiple roles - with value creation as the common objective. You will experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
You'll play an important role in:
- Developing DEVEX and CAPEX cost estimates for the projects and individual scopes for contracts, using industry recognised cost norms and databases
- Update the cost estimates as the project scopes mature, and the uncertainty reduces and maintain change log to ensure assumptions and updates are recorded
- Setting up cost estimating tools and systems for consistency in cost estimates
- Working closely with Procurement teams and suppliers to incorporate the latest industry cost information into the cost norms and databases
- Reporting of cost estimates and changes/updates to project managers and sr. management
- Managing relationships with internal stakeholders: project teams, procurement managers, resource providers and cost estimating team
To be successful in the role, you should:
- 10+ years of demonstrable cost estimating experience in renewable, oil & gas or related industries with relevant tools and systems
- are fully conversant with MS Office, Sharepoint, cost estimating tools and industry cost estimating associations
- are pro-active and willing to learn new tools and systems
- have very good knowledge of English written and spoken language.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.