Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Instrument Engineer with extensive in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
To support the Instrument team with vendor engagement, to support discipline specific procurement activity and potentially systems management. The role will provide additional suuport and capacity for the team.
- Contributing to the delivery of Engineering excellence through
- Executing assigned scopes of work
- Supporting and supervising task delegation to team
- Providing discipline expertise to the business
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated
- Manage and supervise direct reports
- Process Ownership
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the busines
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct report.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution
- Core Values and Behaviours
- Provide leadership in promoting, demonstrating the company core values, ethics policy and leadership framework
- Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Competent in the execution of standards, processes and procedures to effect delivery of operations excellence
- Competent in knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation
- Competent in own discipline to provide support to the busines
- Demonstrate current knowledge with industry and technology development within discipline
- Demonstrate continual professional development
- General Competencies
- Communication in written and spoken forms
- Participate in audit and incident investigations as required
- Project management (basic).
Skills / Qualifications
- Commercial awareness
- Discipline Specific
- Deputising for principal as required
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Engineering delivery
MSc, MEng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with extensive relevant experience.
Chartered Engineer or recognised equivalent. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.