Do you want to work on a team helping to build Shell's next generation of applications? Do you want to work with the latest opensource toolset? Join our newly formed Cloud Native Engineering team as a DevOps Engineer! Where you fit in
As a DevOps engineer/Senior Software Engineer - DevOps, you will join a team who partners with development teams throughout the organization with the goal of improving products and enhancing speed and quality on development and deployment.What's the role
As a Senior Software Engineer - DevOps, you will work with product teams to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability.
You will also be expected for the following:
What we need from you
- Help product teams to develop and deploy on a cloud native environment.
- Ensure all key services are measured, monitored, and raising alerts when needed.
- Develop automation of application deployment and configuration.
- Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers and products.
- Coach and train developers on DevOps best practices.
- Research, develop, configure, and implement tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Drive efficiencies in products and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring, backup/restore and root cause analysis.
We're keen to hear from professionals with BS or MS in any Computer Science/Engineering-related field and who are possessing grit, drive, and a deep feeling of ownership.
Further requirements are as follows:
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in DevOps or equivalent.
- Strong experience in Python or equivalent language.
- Strong experience on bash scripting.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes.
- Strong experience with Docker.
- Strong experience with Terraform.
- Experience with DevOps in Azure cloud.
- Experience with deployment and support of Azure services.
- Strong experience with Azure PaaS and IaaS.
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals.
- Understanding of Microservice based Architecture.
- Ability to implement infrastructure as code.
- An understanding of application security and information security controls.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Working knowledge of GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins (or other similar toolset).
- Application development background will be an advantage.
- Data Engineering platform/tools experience, plus monitoring and logging platforms, will be an advantage.