Overview / Responsibilities Wood
is currently recruiting for a Materials and Corrosion Engineer
to join our team in Staines .
The successful candidate will be required to interface with energy operators and Tier 1 engineering contractors in support of greenfield and brownfield engineering projects. Join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. The Role
What we can offer
- The development of material selection reports for design projects
- The development of design, manufacture, and fabrication specifications for a wide range of components, including pipelines, pressure vessels, flanges, connectors, piping, valves, and other production equipment
- The development, implementation and application of corrosion control strategies and the development of corrosion management strategies and corrosion risk assessments
- Interface with design engineers, manufacturers, and fabrication contractors to ensure best practice and client specifications are applied to all stages of engineering projects.
- Defect assessment; anomaly management; developing risk-based inspection programmes; management of corrosion control matrices / integrity management databases.
- Provide materials selection expertise based upon knowledge of metallurgy, engineering materials, operating environment, and material degradation mechanisms.
- Writing, checking, and issuing of design documents for cathodic protection systems for pipeline (onshore and offshore) and static pressure systems components.
- Conduct corrosion modelling activities, contribute to fitness for service studies and provide remaining life assessments.
- Audit of corrosion management strategies and delivery of continuous improvement of integrity management systems
- Site based troubleshooting.
- Occasional requirement to travel internationally to attend site meetings and workshops with clients for periods of up to one week
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant -
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package ; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Skills / Qualifications
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that's understandable . However, we'd still like to hear from you . At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is d ifferent , and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there . We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences . So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most c ritical challenges....do apply. Personal Skills
- Possess a working familiarity with relevant codes and standards that affect corrosion engineering and materials selection for design purposes.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and committed to delivering first class materials engineering services.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to those in a wide range of organization positions.
- Capacity to understand complex problems and help identify practical and technically sound solutions.
- Diploma or bachelor's degree in Materials / Metallurgy / Chemistry is preferred. Alternative tertiary education and suitable experience may be used to demonstrate equivalent standards.
- Preferred chartered with Engineering Council recognised institution.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas or Energy industries preferred in a role which had a primary technical function requiring the provision of corrosion engineering services.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.