Installs and maintain electrical and instrument equipment in compliance
with all rules and practices.
Tests and repairs electrical and instrumentation systems utilized by production equipment to ensure adherence to established performance levels and product quality.
Evaluates electrical systems and instruments to establish plans for repair.
Documents and verifies problems and actions taken. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Plans, updates, and oversees all activities within his or her areas of responsibility according to the laws, regulations, standards, specifications, and procedures. Special emphasis must be placed on health, safety, and the environment.
- Supports and encourages team effort between operations, engineering, and projects groups.
- Provides input and reviews the electrical and control specifications and work practices.
- Responsible and accountable for electrical and control systems as defined in the Work Management Manual
- Has the knowledge to apply and follow work permits through Permit to Work System (PTWS) as discussed in the Work Management Manual
- Ensures the quality and timely completion of work scheduled by the
- Develops personal and team technical skills (for example, new regulations,
equipment, methods, and others)
- Attends and instructs (as needed) technical meetings, to keep instrument and electrical technicians informed of the latest specifications, codes, procedures, and technology.
- Develops and maintains open communications on electrical and control issues (for
example, safe work practices, training, materials, and others) with co-workers.
- Supports work prioritization to maximize effectiveness and to
complement the efforts of other work groups.
- Provides technical support to other Technicians for maintenance and troubleshooting on company's instrument and electrical systems.
- Is able to generate Management of Change requests (MOCs) on
electrical and control.
- related equipment and installation and can follow up with installation inspections consistent with Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) Element 3
- Constructs, monitors, and inspects new installations for their consistency with the mission and recommends upgrades as necessary.
- Acts as a stand in for the Instrument and Electrical Lead position as
- Education and Experience - associate degree andtechnical certifications required.
- A minimum of 15 years of maintaining electrical systems and Instruments and Controls in processing plant or offshore production plant General Technical Skills
- Is familiar with regulations applicable to the operations of oil and gas facilities.
- OIMS systems, related manuals, and procedures Specific Technical Skills
- Meets the safety, administrative, and technical training requirements associated with this position is documented in the company operations-approved training roadmap.
- Possesses the general competencies and Operations Integrity Critical competency requirements as documented and maintained in company Operations Training roadmap
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.