Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provide you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
The Principal Physicist will support pulsed neutron logging measurements in both cased and open-hole wells. In addition to supporting existing services, the candidate will work with other team members to design, develop, and characterize new tools and services in response to customer needs. Will become department SME.
Roles & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company's Security, Compliance & HSE policies, Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices and complies with the Company's Rules to Live By
- Places Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we live and work at risk
- Seeks continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations
- Supervisors & Managers should demonstrate effective safety leadership for the health and safety arrangements of all subordinates and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises
- Responsible for being familiar with the Company's Quality policies and taking an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherford's Management System
- Maintains service quality as an immediate priority when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks areas for improvement
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineers in the design, development, and characterization of pulsed neutron tools and services
- Identify and solve problems related to tool design and performance
- Plan, obtain, and analyze empirical data from pulsed neutron tools
- Make internal and external presentations regarding the results of the researches
- Make suggestions regarding future efforts
- Document results of work
- Communicate and discuss results of work both orally and in writing
- Provide support for existing tools and services
- Author and present technical papers at conferences such as SPE and SPWLA
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and where appropriate external
- All employees have an accountability to the organization to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within the approved budget, processed within agreed time frames & following the relevant financial policy and procedure
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function, compliance & business standards training to enhance their knowledge, skills and experience
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Demonstrates leadership, ethical behavior and adherence to Weatherford standards at all times
Experience & Education
- Ph.D. in Physics (Nuclear, Elementary Particles, or Nuclear Engineering) is preferred, although an M.S. with appropriate experience is acceptable
- At least 5-7 years of experience with wireline logging tools and services
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of physics principles
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated public speaking ability that includes presentations to company leadership, sales staff, customers, and industry professionals, as well as at conferences on topics related to Weatherford services and capabilities
- Ability to work with other team members to solve problems related to tool design and performance
- Knowledge of and experience with gamma-ray crystal detector systems
- Excellent programming skills with knowledge of Visual Studio, C, C++, C#, FORTRAN, Python, and MATLAB
- Familiarity with MCNP
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to collaborate with other members of the team
- Competence in writing technical papers and documentation