Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an offshore I&E Technician with previous experience of working on a large-scale offshore oil and gas installation.
The position is based in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea.
The normal working rotation 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off.
A key factor is to work alongside the national I&E personnel, share experience and technical expertise and provide teaching and training and p rovide guidance on proper instrumentational troubleshooting skills.
Complete documentation updates and work pack preparation and review during the MOC processes.
Also, leadership capabilities and interpersonal relationships are very important. Key Accountabilities:
Skills / Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Reporting to on shift maintenance supervisor
- Conducts and reviews the results of tests run in control room and ensure their reliability and accuracy
- Carries out maintenance, repairs, calibration, programming and troubleshooting of all PLC, DCS, Fire and Gas systems (hardware and software) associated with controlling offshore facilities.
- Maintains communications protocols for the various networks and hardware for human-machine interfaces (HMI).
- Loads and configures software on microprocessors and computerized systems.
- Organizes and maintains backup copies of the facility's PLCs and programmable equipment.
- Assessment instrumentation and electrical systems to ensure operability will be acceptable with any deficiencies identified in a timely manner to enable resolution or mitigation and where appropriate the risks of not addressing are fully understood
- Put forward suggestions and develop modification requests as necessary to improve plant/equipment efficiency/safety operations
- Maintaining all instrumentation and electrical equipment and systems controlling and supporting Process and Utility systems, Fire protection / extinguishing and appropriate Electrical Emergency Shutdown systems in a safe and competent manner
- Review of the operational instrumentation and electrical manuals and procedures and ensure the onsite walk through and dry runs ensure that they are fit for purpose and accurate
- Prepare equipment for maintenance activity
- Participation in risk assessments when appropriate
- Assist other discipline teams where required
- Proactively contribute to delivery against HSE plans and improvement objectives
- Be aware of physical condition of plant & equipment to ensure technical integrity is maintained; raise issues and concerns identified
- Ensure a safe and comprehensive handover is given at shift or crew change with all pertinent operational and maintenance information to relevant personnel
- Maintain effective communication with Supervisors and other work groups
- Working within the statutory Health and Safety Procedures and the Permit-to-Work system
- Implementing planned and corrective maintenance on all instrumentation and electrical / production equipment
- Sound knowledge of plant operation, maintenance and computerised maintenance systems
- Responsible for paper works checklist such as equipment description, principles, rating ranges, test records and inspections
J ob Specific Skills:
- Completed recognized Instrumentation & Control Apprenticeship
- Associate degree (AA) or relevant technical qualification
- Current COMPEX certification
- BOSIET / MEDICAL / MIST training
- Emergency Response Team Training
PC Application Skills:
- Several years previous experience working on an offshore production platform
- Knowledge of North Sea offshore I&E standards
- Have a process Instrument Technician background, maintaining / testing / troubleshooting fire & gas systems, SIF testing and HVAC systems
- Experience of mentoring and training national or less experienced personnel
- Demonstrable knowledge of Electrical & Control Systems
- Experience of working within the strict limitations of a Permit to Work system
- Demonstrable knowledge of Maintenance Process practices
- Able to read and work from engineering/vendor drawings
- Experience of documentation updates and work pack preparation and review during the MOC processes
- Knowledge of hazardous area classification is required
- P roper instrumentational troubleshooting skills
- IT literate with proficiency Microsoft Applications.
- Competent in communicating in English language.
- A bility to work on own initiative
- Good communication, team working and coaching skills
- Leadership capabilities
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.