Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Flow Assurance Consultant
for our Calgary, AB office. The Senior Flow Assurance Consultant
will be responsible for ensuring that the objectives of the Operations Group and its Customers are performed to a very high standard and that specific work tasks are performed safely, effectively and in compliance with the specified objectives. As such, he/she shall be viewed as a technical expert and a focal point for the Customer, Contractor(s), Suppliers/Vendors and other internal department(s).
This is a permanent position and due to the nature of the position, we will only consider local, qualified candidates. Responsibilites:
Skills / Qualifications
- Approve work scopes, proposals, and CTRs as required;
- Independently perform detailed technical work in support of project and study work;
- Lead critical work scopes and/or large projects;
- Provide Guidance to the Group in the areas of technology and core competency requirements as a Subject Matter Expert (SME);
- Perform technical monitoring and approval of any work by external contractors or vendors;
- Participate in Safety Reviews / HAZOP, and Risk Assessments and ensure that the foreseeable effects of specific tasks are fully assessed;
- Act as an expert technical interface as required for peer reviews, partner's meetings, etc.; and
- Approve project documents and ensure project QA compliance
- Propose, monitor, and/or execute research for the Operations Group
- Assist in the training and development of other WOOD Flow Assurance personnel.
- Support other key work as may be required on a time-to-time basis
- A University degree qualified in Engineering, Science or related discipline is required. An advanced degree is an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years of flow assurance experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Detailed technical understanding of flow assurance and or process/pipeline simulation technology as demonstrated through internal work and external publications
- Considered a subject matter expert in an area of technology
- Detailed working understanding of related analysis tools
- Demonstrated experience as point of contact with clients, and strong leadership capability
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the Canada, without sponsorpship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.