Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Scaffolding Supervisor, with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
Skills / Qualifications
- Supervision of construction activities of scaffolding in the work site.
- Manage Contractor work on behalf of Owner to ensure safety, quality and technical correctness in line with drawings, specifications and technical standards .
- Drive (HSSE) standards, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Establish and maintain good working relations with Project, Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations counterparts.
- Contribute to successful interfaces with other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Project Engineers, materials and design delivery to support construction activities.
- Tailor construction and execution approaches considering the local contracting market and capabilities.
- Champion performance against measurable construction targets as part of the overall project schedule.
- HND or home country equivalent:
- Minimum 10 years in Oil & Gas Project Scaffolding Construction and Execution
- Experience in Brown and Greenfield construction projects
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience of working in the Basra area would be an advantage.
- Good communicator with willingness to share knowledge and support others.
- Strong team working ethic, positive, enthusiastic and Proactive.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirement.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.