Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer in Kazakhstan.
The Engineer will be responsible for designing the control and protection systems for substation automation. Taking ownership of power system model and studies, shall be able to deliver high quality engineering solutions for assigned project .
Responsible for providing technical input into the production of Protection Engineering drawings/documents (key line diagrams, schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, cable block diagrams, cable schedules) by others and checking against design specifications.
Advance experience using Power System modelling package and multi-function protection relays setting files and logic files. Short-Circuit Analysis, LV/MV Coordination Arc Flash studies and mitigations.
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for delivery of Electrical Documents / Drawings / Calculations/ Reports/ Studies etc as per Project Scope
- Review / understand the project SoW and perform activities as per schedule
- Provide Protection Engineering solutions for assigned project
- Create concept protection systems for substation automation and refurbishing existing systems
Perform fault calculations, protection studies and carry out protection schemes
- Recognize and communicate opportunities on design process
- Identify Scope changes and report to Lead and concerned Project Engineer
- Identify any concerns during design process and report to Lead Electrical Engineer
- Perform site visits as required and produce reports
- Ensure deliverables are produced to meet the acceptable Quality Level
- Follow Project Schedule and control the Project Cost
- Liaison / co-ordination with client and sub-contractors / vendors for protections scope
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and difficult co-ordination requirements
- Mentor national engineers and provide on-job training
- Provide technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers
- Understand Company's Business Management System (Comprising Business / Quality Procedures, Guidelines, Policies etc) and follow accordingly
- Understand and Follow Company's and Client's HSE policies
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum experience of 7 years working in a multi-disciplinary Engineering office in a similar role is highly desirable.
- At least 4 years' experience with O&G Substation design project is mandatory
- Able to prioritise workload to ensure all deadlines are met
- Flexible approach to design solutions
- Decision making skills
- Positive working attitude, able to demonstrate self-motivation and proactive approach
- Able to work within a team environment
- Must be a confident communicator and proactive problem solver
- Open to learning and adapt to changes and new technologies
- Team player
- Fully conversant with the latest Power Distribution and Substation standards & technologies applicable to Protection Engineering
- Ability to Handle Electrical Engineering Activities independently
- Calculation softwares
- Electrical System Software: ETAP - advanced, SPEL - will be an advantage
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.