Field Development Engineer - working within an integrated early engagement team
The field development engineer position resides within the Integrated Field Development Group (IFDG) within the OneSubsea organization.
Integrated Field Development Group (IFDG) is a multi-disciplined team focused on supporting client with their field development planning, offering services from sub-surface, flow assurance through to system engineering to ensure a collaborative decision process. Our charter is to work across all business units within OneSubsea and the Schlumberger production division to seamlessly integrate technologies from 'Pore to process'. This system approach will ensure the design of the subsea production system is optimal as we aim to help our customers maximize production and recovery of their subsea assets. IFDG play a critical role in "bringing the technologies together" in order to ensure our customers can produce their subsea assets in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
IFDG works with customers at the earliest stages of a project lifecycle and develops technological solutions that balance the demand for innovation and field economics. By joining our team you will be embarking on a unique journey with the world's leading provider of technology to the global energy industry.Roles and Responsibilities:
The Field Development Engineer's duties comprise of three key work areas:
- Engineering Study Work (both greenfield and brownfield studies) and Technical/Engineering Support for Sales, Business
- Development and Business Acquisition teams,
- Tender Technical Lead for System Tenders.
- Provide Technical Engineering support to Sales, Business Development and Business Acquisition teams and present a conduit between OneSubsea design responsible centers-of-excellence and potential clients.
- Interpretation of client requirement to align clients to our technology portfolio.
- Field layout design using our industry leading software Subsea Planner TM
- Collaborate with client representatives to transform functional aspirations into practical and viable solutions.
- Present clear development concepts, proposals, and suggestions to the client during all phases of work scope.
- Attend internal and external meetings and be OneSubsea's primary interface to the relevant client
- Generate and populate Cost Time Resource (CTR) Catalogues for Engineering Studies in conjunction with the Engineering Manager.
- Conduct/participate in Engineering studies in the Pre-FEED and FEED stages of a project.
- Conduct/participate in peer and design reviews for solutions defined as part of engineering studies
- Provide technical lead and support on systems tenders.
- Manage virtual engineering teams in both technical Lead role and whilst working on engineering studies, to align design efforts to produce drawings, and specifications.
We are looking for a person
- Preferred Master's degree in engineering with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience from O&G.
- We prefer you have experience from equivalent job positions with a broad contact network
- Able to work across different domains and packages.
- Familiarity with future market and industry trends and understanding of the challenges and opportunities that exist.
that demonstrates the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical personnel. Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of all technical principles, theories, and concepts within specific engineering discipline. You are also able to define problems and develop innovative solutions using an in-depth analysis with interpretative thinking. You are open minded, collaborative and can work in a multi-cultural environment.We can offer:
- Impact by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services to others in area of specialization
- Opportunity to work with exciting technology
- International working environment and career opportunities through the OneSubsea and SLB system
- Opportunity to learn and develop within SLB
- Good working environment
- Collaborative team with knowledge sharing in a diverse and experienced team
- Competitive salary and benefits
Please apply to this position in English as soon as possible by submitting your resume and cover letter.
By submitting your CV you indicate your consent for Cameron - a Schlumberger Company, Schlumberger or OneSubsea to process your personal details in relation to potential job vacancies. Your details will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.