Field Service Engineer Reports To:
Operations Manager Location: Houma, Louisiana Primary Responsibilities:
Monitoring and servicing of the chemicals for the onshore well sites and offshore platforms; supervisor of: warehousing; ordering and logistics of chemicals. Working with a Third Party Flow Assurance team to ensure customer needs are tended to and met in a timely manner. Detailed Responsibilities:
- Guarantee daily technical analysis and identification of the key points of the application needs related to oilfield applications, in particular in the O&G production industry both onshore and offshore.
- Guarantee the application of best practices in the application of "on-field" products, in particular in terms of "flow assurance" and "asset integrity".
- Support the product development and research teams for new products selection and optimization and provide adequate technical support to the customer.
- Ensure the activities necessary for a timely response to the problems related to the application of on field products.
- Uncover new opportunities at existing and potential customers
- Identify the best solution for an application or treatment and provide data and information to support product approvals at the customer level
- Plan and manage time and resources for effective coverage of territory, communications and other responsibilities
- Complete chemical service documents, call reports and other paperwork in a timely manner
- Demonstrate and train external customers on product applications.
- Shares key learnings on new applications/treatments with the Upstream Chemicals team to foster replication
- Report all new or unusual pertinent market conditions, competitive activities, and product performance information to Operations Manager
- Inventory chemical surveillance and chemical pump operating at the correct rate
- Maintain chemical pump function, inventory surveillance and product ordering for chemicals
- Maintain safe work practices to create a safe work culture
- Continue to grow current business and assist in growing business outside of existing business
Communication Areas: Geographical mobility:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science related filed is preferred (Chemical Engineering, Geology, Biology,etc.) or a related discipline along with a minimum of 1 year technical sales experience in relation to upstream chemicals and chemical treatment processes for the upstream O&G industry. Candidates without a bachelor's degree, but with 5+ years of upstream technical chemical sales experience will be considered.
- Experience in technical support activities with customers
- In-depth knowledge of hydrocarbons extraction and production processes.
- In-depth knowledge of problems related to the use of chemicals in the oilfield sector, in particular for the O&G production sector both onshore and offshore.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Strong people skills and ability to work with cross-functional team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and accommodate changing circumstances
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and organizational skills
- Bilingual, English & Italian is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
Availability for business trips abroad and frequent travel offshore.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.