Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer
in Calgary, AB
to join our busy and growing Oil & Gas Canada team due to growth in our business!
Our projects team has a long history of delivering some of the biggest and most complex projects in the Canadian oilsands, along with associated pipelines and refinery infrastructure. Wood has a strong presence in the energy transition supporting the rapidly growing decarbonization and renewables industry in Canada and across the globe.
Come and join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients across Canada.
Come and join a winning team! Join #teamwood! Please note this role will work our standard office hybrid work schedule. Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- To carry out duties and responsibilities as assigned by the lead electrical engineer
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, engineering and design calculations.
- Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating.
- Perform engineering and design duties associated with project scope of work and liaise with other project discipline
- Quality control of all deliverables within the scope of electrical engineering
- Act as a discipline focal point as required
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Review, check and approve work output of discipline assigned personnel as required
- Assist the Lead Engineer and others when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
- Execute engineering and design activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Prepare and/or review electrical single line diagrams, wiring diagrams and schematics, Load list, Equipment list, Cable scheudles and all other Electrical delievrables assigned by lead.
- Perform engineering for procurement activities including MRQ/MRP development, technical evaluation / recommendation and vendor drawing approvals.
- Perform engineering development of Construction Work Package, including project description, construction specifications, IFC drawings and material lists.
- Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Provide construction support as required
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered member of APEGA or other Canadian Association
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience required
- Electrical design experience
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be proficient in high, medium, and low voltage power distribution design.
- Must be familiar with electrical safety and code compliance requirements.
- Previous experience with Wellpads and pipelines is required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.