Where you fit in
Here's an opportunity to make your mark as a visible leader in our Upstream & Integrated Gas maritime activities. We're looking for a maritime professional with leadership experience to protect and improve our operations. A perfect role to develop your career, both professionally and personally.
As Upstream Marine Manager, you'll be working across our Upstream and LNG Assets across Asia Pacific and the Middle East (APME), as a vital part of the regional leadership team for Shell's Shipping & Maritime organisation.
Reporting to the General Manager for the APME Shipping & Maritime region, your primary focus will be to functionally oversee all marine related Upstream and LNG joint venture activities and operations. You'll be the key regional representative within the global Upstream Maritime community, sharing regional learnings and challenges for the benefit of all.
You'll be positioning yourself as our ambassador and lead a group of go-to advisors in your region. On one hand, you and your team of advisors will provide maritime advice and operational assurance, identifying improvements to maritime risk and safety management, along with opportunities to enhance business performance and value creation. On the other, you'll champion collaboration and cross-learning within the region, supporting and influencing risk management and best practice across all Upstream and Integrated Gas maritime activities. A strong leader who works well both independently and as part of a team, you'll be calling on your leadership and communication skills to nurture trust across a range of stakeholders, ensuring you present and influence effectively with those who might only have limited maritime knowledge and expertise.What's the role?
You'll also contribute to the following activities:
What we need from you Skills and Requirements:
- Identifying maritime risk areas requiring regional focus and developing solutions to reduce maritime risk and then leading through change
- Engaging Senior Leaders from Upstream vessel owners and operators for the industry leading Maritime Partners in Safety programme.
- Introducing fit for purpose practices in marine contracting and procurement in collaboration with Shell's procurement function.
- Supporting the upskilling and development of future marine leaders within the APME region
- Collaborating with the Upstream Maritime Technical functional community to ensure regional learnings are captured and shared.
- Developing integrated maritime solutions with commercial, technology and operations groups including developing pathways and supply chain solutions that support our net zero ambitions for Upstream, IG and P&T
- Providing specialist advice in the event of a maritime crisis and emergency.
- Undertaking various assurance activities related to operators and Shell businesses
If you don't see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.Company Description
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in maritime related or offshore logistics roles. .
- Exposure to LNG marine operations is also an advantage.
- Operational experience with a HSSE Control Framework including HSSE assurance.
- Capability to lead change such as through industry safety initiatives.
- Ability to innovatively create or unlock value
- Proven team leadership experience including strong communication & presentational skills
- Leadership experience in directing remote teams, setting goals and objectives, and delivery of key targets. Fluent in both written and spoken English, the ability to speak another language would be an added advantage.
- Ability to nurture trust across a range of stakeholders and strength in developing and sustaining internal and external relationships.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone.Singapore is the regional hub for Shipping and Maritime activities in Shell and you will work across teams of energy and maritime professions. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.