Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking expressions of interest from a E&I Senior Quality Advisor/ Engineer with brownfield Oil & Gas experience to support a key client as part of a dedicated Owners Representative project team based in Perth CBD (Western Australia). This is an initial 6-month contract opportunity commencing mid-May 2023.
Wood "Operations" delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas industry. Wood enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent Oil & Gas and LNG producers with operations in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
As an experienced E&I Senior Quality Advisor/Engineer reporting directly to the Quality Manager, you will work closely with stakeholders to ensure all procurement activities for E&I packages meet requirements, standards, and codes in line with contractual and regulatory obligations.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Attend kick off meetings as required to provide quality support and advice on quality deliverables
- Review and approve criticality assessments, product/material requisitions and validates quality control and certification requirements
- Review and approve supplier documentation, records, inspection & test plans, general quality documentation and MDRs
- Assign and coordinate product/material inspection activities in accordance with purchase order, inspection and test plan and associated technical requirements
- Ensures that all testing requirements identified in client specifications are addressed in the ITPs for third party inspection, testing, shipping, and preservation
- Provide quality management direction to the Discipline package engineers, including overall scheduling/coordination of supplier inspection activities and review of reports
- Ensure all QA information, documentation, records are compiled and completed correctly and that all work in area of control is executed safely and efficiently in compliance with company standards and procedures
- Work with E&I engineers to review work packs ensuring material requisitions, ITPs and QA documentation is inputted as required
- Support Lead Quality Advisor to implement, monitor and review the Contract Quality Management Plan and Company's Management systems, as well as provide regular progressive updates
- Work with E&I Supervisors to ensure all electrical and instrumentation activities are carried out in accordance with drawings, standards, PO/Work Order requirements, regulatory obligations, and client specifications
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities. Skills / Qualifications
Ideally, you will be suitably qualified with a degree in Engineering in Instrumentation & Controls or a Certificate IV in Instrumentation or similar with relevant inspection qualification, and have a minimum of 7+ years of proven experience in a similar role. What will set you apart will be your experience in dealing with supplier packages, coordinating third party inspections and working with package engineers to deliver a fit for service product.
In addition, you will have:
You must have full Australian work rights to be considered for this role.
- Understanding of QA/QC principles and objectives
- Proven experience in QC review of supplier documentation for compliance
- Proven experience in internal and external auditing with knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of testing requirements as per AS3000
- In depth knowledge of EEHA Standards with a sound knowledge of Quality requirements for industry
- Excellent analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience in client facing roles
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office Suite skills
- A "solutions mindset" and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply. If you're an experienced E&I Quality Advisor and available to start in May 2023 - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.