Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford have a great opportunity for an experienced Drilling Engineer to join the team in Aberdeen. The Drilling Engineer provides an engineering interface with the Drilling Services Directional Drilling and Logging-Whilst Drilling personnel, Well Planners, Real Time Operations Centres, and customers if required. Compiles and maintains information for proposals, daily updates, and end of well reports for internal use and customer support. Based on experience, may be involved with the design and planning of conventional and/ or complex wells and could also participate in tender responses. Follows the Drilling Engineering process and provide real time support to Drilling Services Field Engineers and Clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must know and comply with the DE Standard and approved local Appendices.
- Follow the drilling engineering "Rules to live by".
- Comply with standards, internal processes, drilling instructions and operational procedures during the job planning and execution phases. Establish and maintain constant communication with in-line management.
- Ensure the QA/QC process for the creation and management of a drilling events database for risk analysis during the design phase.
- Support training of directional drillers and MWD/LWD field staff on the engineering analysis and root cause analysis (RCA). This may include but is not limited to rig visits, classroom instruction, and one-on-one mentoring.
- Perform quality control for the drilling data received from the field in order to produce daily monitoring analyses, collect end of well reports, document lessons learned, and generate KPIs for the optimization process.
- Under supervision of Weatherford's Drilling Engineer/Senior Drilling Engineer, execute the drilling engineering analysis in the design phase: BHA design, BHA tendency, hydraulics, torque & drag, and BHA vibration modelling.
- Generate the Weatherford Drilling Engineering standard technical design report for the assigned jobs.
- Attend pre-planning and daily meetings with the RTOC team, Weatherford office support, and customers (when required).
- Comply with the Weatherford Drilling Engineering standard.
- Support Drilling Services technical sales when required.
- Participate in Drilling Services Service Delivery & QHSSE initiatives.
- Partake in Drilling Engineering audits and provide active support to complete audit's corrective actions.
- Handle with fluency the regular Drilling Engineering and Directional Drilling technical language in order to support DE/ Senior DE/ DE Manager and DD FOM if necessary.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy; comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Be available for after-hours support to on-going operations as needed.
- Comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Carry out work assignments with the highest level of service delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited University.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of Directional Well Planning experience.
- DD and LWD/MWD field experience relevant to DE career path requirements.
- Familiar with well design terminology and methods.
- Proficient in anti-collision and well trajectory analysis.
- Solid torque & drag, vibration, and hydraulics analysis knowledge.
- Knowledge of Drilling terminology.
- Ability to use multiple sources of data to formulate, test, and verify failure modes in drilling equipment.
- Familiarity with the different forms of vibration encountered while drilling.
- Ability to work closely with customers and colleagues.
- Basic knowledge of Directional Drilling practices.
- Ability to perform with supervision a complete drilling engineering analysis: BHA design, hydraulics, BHA tendency, torque & drag, and vibration analysis.
- Proficient verbal and written skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office.
- Multi-tasking ability
- One year of Directional Drilling experience.
- Six months experience in RTOC operations.
- Familiar with Weatherford Drilling Engineering software packages.
- Able to relate to rig-site personnel at all levels.
- Complete the SQA class.