Returnship SLB Technology Returnship Electrical Engineer
Period 2023, 12 weeks, Start date week of Sept 11 th 2023
Location Stonehouse, Stonehouse Technology Center
Discipline Electrical Engineer/Sustaining
Type : Hybrid- follow location specific flexible arrangements
About SLB Technology Returnships
Did you take a break from the professional world to pursue other priorities? Do you want to develop technologies and create solutions that drive the energy transition? If you are an experienced, passionate engineer or STEMinist with curiosity and learning agility, eager to return after a break of two or more years, the SLB Technology Returnship program is for you.
This three (3) months paid returnship will refresh your technical skills. In addition to technical training suited for your key job responsibilities, we provide professional development and peer mentoring with full access to SLB Technical communities. Our returnship is designed with an intent to hire in mind, i.e the possibility of becoming full-time employee after completion of the program with a technology leader in the Energy Industry.
Business area summary
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that's been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world's greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world's growing energy demands. We're working on that answer. Every day, a step closer.
Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It's what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
Stonehouse Technology Center (SHTC) is located in the Stroud District of Gloucestershire in southwestern England.
At Stonehouse Technology Center we are designing, developing and manufacturing cutting-edge technology to transform the toughest Energy Exploration and Production (E&P) challenges into groundbreaking solutions for energy sustainability and affordability. Our multidisciplinary teams seamlessly create an impressive breadth of technology solutions.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Our ideal candidates are passionate about using technology to solve challenges once deemed "unsolvable." During the program the job responsibilities will include:
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization
- Understand and help develop, publish and review technical documentation and requirements
- Complete safety and environment standards training.
- Upon completion of Returnship the participant will then develop into a skilled Electrical engineer and will focus on designing Electronics for downhole applications. The training and job responsibilities will expand gradually to:
- Assisting in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products.
- Assist in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Produce analyses and mathematical models, and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products.
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
- A career break for two or more years
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Embedded Software Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Computing & Electronics Engineering or related field
- Familiarity in analog and digital design required for development of power supplies, acquisition systems, capacitor banks, and other antenna firing electronics.
- Good understanding of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) principles as well as the ability to interpret, generate, and present technical material and problem solve
- Ability with MS Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Previous experience working in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Experience with working with multi disciplinary teams
- Experience with Product Support , Reliability Engineering
How to Apply
The program is designed to increase the pipeline of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) talent who are returning from a two or more-year career break. This program provides the opportunity for professionals to get back into the workforce at a later stage in their life and offers a powerful return-to-work strategy for individuals. We value the skills you've honed during your break!
Candidates can apply through our website directly and email their application to company website with the reference "Position of interest" in the email title.
Please include your resume
About SLB Technology
SLB Technology is the world's leading supplier of technology and information solutions to customers in the E&P industry, employing more than 105,000 people representing over 140 nationalities and working in approximately 90 countries. At SLB Technology, we understand that technology is only as valuable as its operational impact. We continuously optimize every solution, large and small, to anticipate the evolving needs of our customers and industry. Domain expertise fuel this innovation loop at every stage, from design, development, and deployment through testing and optimizations that begin the cycle again.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact company website to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
SLB Technology is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. SLB Technology is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested