Graduate Manufacturing Engineer - GRDP Location:
Colico, Italy When:
Starting mid-August 2023 About Schlumberger:
We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it. Job Description:
Our GRDP Manufacturing Engineering program provides a combination of manufacturing exposure, Lean Six Sigma training, and leadership development that is far beyond most traditional development programs for recent university graduates. This is an immersive two-year program that provides an opportunity for you to hold positions across two different divisions and four functional areas. Rotation assignments may include Materials Management, Quality Assurance, Plant Supervision, Project Management, and Health, Safety and Environment (HSE). The experience gained from these rotations will prepare you for real-world challenges as you progress in your operations career. Graduates from our manufacturing operations development program typically take full-time roles in Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Management, Lean Six Sigma, and Quality Assurance.
The Manufacturing Engineer performs the lead role in the implementation of manufacturing processes and techniques for assigned products, ensuring the right setups for optimal production flow and performance through implementation of LEAN methods and utilization of Six Sigma tools. He/she is responsible to solve complex manufacturing problems and take an active role in troubleshooting quality and production yield related issues within manufacturing.
These activities are performed in line with company strategy, and in conformity to relevant standards Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Qualifications and competencies:
- Assess engineering drawings & develop manufacturing processes for new parts
- Document assembly procedures on new products
- Provides production support for enhancing production efficiencies and bottlenecks resolution
- Review Bills of Material on incoming Sales Orders and resolve any issues
- Review Engineering Change Orders and sign off manufacturing capability
- Review Reports of Non-conformances and implement corrective actions
- Responsible to assist with investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation for manufacturing quality issues
- Review Quality Control Plans and ensure implementation of requirements on Manufactured and Purchased parts
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company
- Gain hands on knowledge of products and manufacturing process
- Exposure to 4 different roles in 2 different locations over 2 years
- Excel in problem solving and safe engineering practices
- Take initiative in GRDP rotations involving learning and competency events, and on-job performance
- Ensure safe, accurate and on-time jobs as part of manufacturing plant operations
- Participate in job risk analysis and continuous improvement programs
- Act as back-up for line management, when requested
- Actively engage in the continual improvement of manufacturing processes
- BS or MS: Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma techniques and metrics
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing
- Knowledge of equipment and tools
- Strong mentoring/training skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.