Shell (Shanghai) Technology Limited (SST) is part of Global Technology network worldwide. The primary focus of the PTXL Group is delivery of the agreed R&D and Technical Support programs to the global lubricants business. An important activity within Lubricants Technology is the delivery of the OEM and branded Motorcycle oil (MCO) & Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) technology programs to help grow the business in B2C and OEMs.
The PCMO/MCO Project Leader, a member of the global PCMO and MCO Technology team, plans and delivers the globally agreed and approved R&D and TS projects. They must be delivered on time, on scope and on budget. The responsibility also covers any ad-hoc technical service requests from the business, especially in China, Asian Pacific, Middle East and South Africa region. Additionally, being based on the SST facility, the role will include supporting the efficient running of the SST laboratory and complying with the respective rules and guidelines stated.Accountabilities
What we need from you :
- Plan, execute, review and deliver PCMO/MCO OEM and branded projects, including development of formulation technology, demonstration of lubricants performance via RtBs, CVPs, demo tools, field trial etc. Effectively cooperate with relevant global/local business teams, legal and CX.
- Lead global premium Advance and MCO OEM in China products development and focus on large motorcycle
- Lead and deliver formulation and product development projects independently by effectively managing the 3rd party technology partner relationships and collaborating with a multi-functional team of marketing, technology and product management. Maintain good documentation and report records.
- Guides/ coach junior project leaders and lab staff to carry out product development (blending & testing) activities as part of delivering the annual global R&D and TS program
- Manage product development projects with auto OEMs by building up reliable relationships with customers and account managers through effective communication. Support business to maintain the existing business and win new business.
- Work closely with business development management team to support the new business development with Auto OEMs in the respectively clusters. Act as the technology ambassador from Shell side in front of the customer, showcasing Shell's technology leadership to the prospects and discover/translate the customer's technical needs/issues into the business opportunities.
- Maintain understanding of competitor's product performance and technology, and ensure that this knowledge is used to shape future product developments and product portfolio strategy.
- Support global product management team regarding the product portfolio maintenance, legal compliance, industrial liaison and supplier security, as well as handling customer compliant
- Interface with technology management, marketing/sales, supply chain, product management, and other Shell organizations internally, with customers, OEMs, and stakeholders externally.
- Work closely with the Global Commercial technical team, Product Application Specialist (PAS) team and Global Technology Managers, Global Marketing Managers and Global Product Management to deliver the technology programs.
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders at different levels
- Research science or engineering background, chemistry preferred
- End to end understanding the product lifecycle of PCMO/MCO business and technology including design, sourcing, development, deployment, and maintenance of an optimized portfolio of products that meets customer and market objectives
- Proven team working, inter-personal, networking and communication skills, preferably in a virtual environment
- Technical knowledge of lubricant additives as well as base oils
- Track record of working with supply chain and/or marketing desirable
- Proven record of delivery, with evidence of drive and creativity coupled with a structured and disciplined approach to project management
- Familiar with product manufacturing process & quality control techniques
- Excellent report writing skills and communication skills