What is this role about?
The Maintenance Electrician's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrated proficiency in the areas of electrical wiring along with diagram reading.
- Experience working on and troubleshooting pneumatic control devices, burner management systems, and computerized control (PLC/DCS) systems.
- Experience working with flow control and flow measurement instrumentation is preferred.
- Ability to learn, troubleshoot and design electrical, and control systems for complex process equipment.
- Must have a safe work attitude and practical knowledge of industrial safety standards.
- Ability to use multimeters, simulators ad HIM interfaces.
- Operate boom lifts, scissor lifts and forklifts.
- Work in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Identify and implement equipment improvements to increase plant reliability.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must have a minimum of three years of working experience in repair and troubleshooting in an industrial plant environment with voltages up to 480 VAC.
- Must possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years old, and have a HS diploma or GED
- Must be able communicate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Must be able to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Must be able to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends if needed.
- As a part of the preemployment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all preemployment background, medical, and reference checks, drug including hair and oral fluids testing.
- Must support the company's drug free work environment, which will include random drug screenings.
- Must support and comply with the company's harassment free work environment policy.
- Must support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives.
- Must support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies.
This is a day shift position represented by a collective bargaining agreement with a starting pay of $35.52
and increases to $37.86 after 6 months, overtime at a rate of 1.5 is included. The successful candidate is eligible for our competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, dental insurance, optical insurance, life insurance, pension, 401k, and paid maternity & paternity leave.