Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Civil engineer preferably to join our team in the Reading offices.
We will consider applications for candidates whom are interested in contract and staff positions. The role will be an estimate 40 hours per week, lasting 9 months + - some hybrid working maybe available.
If you have experience , enjoy partnering with the client to find technical solutions, improve efficiency and safety and resolving challenges then we would love to hear from you!"
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide direction and guidance/review of geotechnical design, including foundations, deep excavations, earthworks, ground improvements
- Perform various tasks on multiple projects within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines; and
- investigations and laboratory testing, development of geotechnical parameters based on the results of the investigation, and geotechnical design
- Outlined experience in design and management of geotechnical investigation campaigns preferably in an energy or oil and gas setting.
- Assist in management of geotechnical tasks that are self-performed or subcontracted to consultants such as;
- delivery of drawings and specifications
- geotechnical analyses and reports covering topics such as geotechnical investigations, earthwork, stability of slopes, bearing capacity and settlement of shallow and deep foundations, axial and lateral pile capacities, ground improvement, support of excavations, etc.
- excellent report writing skills and the ability to provide guidance and support during design stages and the review of geotechnical interpretation and design documentation for foundations, earthworks, ground improvement etc.
- Graduated from an accredited university with a degree in Geotechnical, Civil or Geological Engineering (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in civil, geotechnical, or related experience in geotechnical related documents and reports within energy/oil and gas environments/projects.
- Experience with design and management of oil and gas - geotechnical investigation campaigns projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to interact with and provide technical support to various project teams and client during various project stage
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.