Overview / Responsibilities Job title: Fire & Gas Technican, Improver applications welcome Job ID: 2023 - 123068 Prjoect : Shell Onegas Location: Bacton Start: ASAP Duration: Permanent
Wood is recruiting for a Fire & Gas Technician at Bacton Gas Terminal. We welcome applicants who are looking to join the Oil and Gas industry with Instrument techncian qualifactions.
Carry out fire and gas maintenance activities as follows:
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Complete preventative and remedial maintenance in accordance with Sap work schedule and work instructions, with particular emphasis on safety critical activities.
- Carry out fault finding and diagnostic checks on all plant fire and gas equipment, ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly.
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner and carry out and apply effective fault finding and investigation techniques.
- Carry out major services, overhauls and intrusive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Carry out and participate in Root Cause Analysis to improve equipment reliability.
- Operate within the confines of the permit to work system for authorization and isolation/override prior to commencement of work
- Ensure comprehensive work history is recorded in SAP and any follow up work and material required is identified.
- Ensure comprehensive records and logs are maintained and effective handovers are carried out at shift and crew change.
- Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency in cost or time without loss of integrity and present idea(s) to relevant management.
- Support and improve team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Participate in Wood competence scheme including any multi skilled role in accordance with the relevant competence framework.
- Adopt a flexible working attitude to provide support across all departments to ensure team success.
- Create, maintain and enhance effective working relations and identify and minimize interpersonal conflict.
- Maintain an effective communication with all work colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and be able to apply it in the workplace.
- Familiarity with Yokogawa prosafe RS safety system preferred but not essential as training will be provided
- Experience of the following equipment required to some level; Honeywell Searchpoint Optima+ gas detectors, Drager Gas Detectors, Honeywell searchline excel open path infrared line of sight, Precision light measurement system open path line of sights, smoke and heart detection, det-tronics flame detectors, gassonic acoustic gas detectors and manual alarm callpoint.
Health & Safety
Carry out Emergency Response duties in accordance with Client's requirements.
- Ensure all work is conducted in full compliance with Client's HS&E policy, procedures and Safety Management System.
- Be familiar with and follow the Client's rules for Health & Safety at all times.
- Comply with all relevant Wood Group HS&E policies and procedures where appropriate.
- Actively participate and support all Client's and Wood Group Health, Safety & Environmental plans, initiatives and improvements.
- Carry out all activities in accordance with ISSOW including the following:
- Comprehensive and detailed Risk Assessments and Toolbox Talks.
- Stop and re-assess any job where change is identified.
- Report all accidents and incidents.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Level 3 VQ - Maintaining Plant & Systems or working towards.
- Recognised Apprenticeship or equivalent.
- COMPEX certified.
- LV Authorisation
- PTW Permit holder desirable but not essential
- SAP Training desirable but not essential
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.