Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a requirement for a Graduate Engineer to join our Intelligent Operations team in Perth as part of our 2024 intake. To be considered you should have some knowledge and / or awareness of flow assurance, process simulation and CFD. You should also have a good fundamental understanding of fluid dynamics and heat transfer principles.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will primarily be tasked to perform flow assurance activities under the supervision of a more senior team member and will gain proficiency in leading industry technologies. You will also provide specialist hands on engineering input to the project activities starting from the screening studies up to the completion of the execution phase.
We are open to applications from candidates with entry level experience looking to build a future in Intelligent Operations. Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Gain proficiency in Leading industry technologies including Wood's in-house Process and Flow Assurance Modelling tools and packages
- Support the project team in developing simulation models and perform thermo hydraulic analysis utilising the models developed
- Write clear and concise deliverable design basis documentation and summary reports
- Deliver scopes within the agreed project schedule
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with the company quality management system
- Ensure that project objectives assigned by the Team Lead and Client are achieved
- Support other work as may be required. This may include but not be limited to studies, research, developmental work or work of a related nature
This position forms part of our 2024 Graduate campaign. On joining Wood as a Graduate you will be enrolled in our two year Graduate Development Program targeting ongoing technical and professional development. In the program you will learn:
- Project Management Essentials
- Presentation Skills
- Risk Management Essentials
- Work in High Performance Teams
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Change and the Learning Organisation
- Ongoing professional development supplemented by technical training
- Attend induction events to help you understand our culture and its importance to our future, as well as give you opportunities to meet and network with your fellow graduates across the company
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive on-site gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programmes. To ensure your application is eligible you must upload a copy of both your CV and academic transcript. Our suggestion is to merge your CV and transcript into one document (.pdf) prior to uploading. Please note that we will only accept applications from Australian citizens, those who hold a Permanent Residency (PR) visa or those who have a valid visa and are able to work lawfully in Australia without restrictions. Skills / Qualifications
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. As a successful member of the 2024 Graduate Programme, you will have completed your degree by the end of 2023 or earlier. We are looking for energetic people who are highly motivated, have a 'hands on' approach, organised, curious, proactive and self-disciplined.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A recognised qualification in any of the following, or combination of:
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Data Science
- Exposure to modelling tools and packages such as OLGA / Pipenet / TGNET / Multiflash / HYSYS / UniSim, Ansys CFX & Fluent, etc. would be seen as an advantage
- Programming / coding (VBA, python, etc.) and data analytics skills (advantageous)
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.