(Local, Non-Per Diem) Position Summary:
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager, is to oversee all field construction activities pertaining to trades associated with the following disciplines:
- Safety Attendants
The Project Manager will be responsible for reporting/direct input of construction progress against trackers derived from a P6 schedule and owned by the client. The ability for a person in this role to build strong teams/relationships, communicate clearly, instill trust in others both internally and externally (client), and plan, communicate and oversee the execution of multiple projects. Position Responsibilities:
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Safety:
- Enforce safe practices, company policies and site safety and Environmental programs.
- Ensure all employees assigned to a project are properly trained.
- Conduct regular job walks for safety audits and general oversight. Provide corrective action recommendations as needed.
- Participate in Safety meetings and promote Brock Core Values.
- Ensure compliance with industry codes, standards, and specifications.
- Coordinate with Site QC Manager to develop training opportunities and identify trending areas of improvement.
- Manage procurement of all construction equipment, including outside rentals. Manage jobsite equipment inventory up to and including return of equipment internally or to external vendors.
- Engage with the client Coordinators and participate with the development of the project construction plan, including the advisement of installation, inspection and sell-off activities.
- Recommend recovery plans, schedule or job sequencing revisions as needed.
- Work with the Superintendent(s) and Planner(s) to track RFIs and FCO'S to identify/review potential scope increases for client approval.
- Procure and maintain all required craft manpower levels to support project budget and construction schedule.
- Develop and manage hiring plans and manpower forecasts.
- Oversee daily timesheets and recommend/confirm overtime work requirements exceeding the project plan.
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Maintain a significant visual presence at the job site.
- Attend regular client and internal meetings to assess overall project status, review look-aheads and address concerns.
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure smooth execution of planned activities to the project schedule. This may include, but is not limited to, materials management, safety attendants' coordination, inspections, etc.
- Participate in Constructability reviews and ad hoc design reviews as requested and advise client/Engineering teams on design optimizations.
- Employ clear, effective communication with positive interpersonal skills when interacting with client, subcontractors, and staff/craft personnel.
- Participate in a Lessons Learned exercise at completion of the project.
- Working knowledge of erection, testing and inspection of ASME B31.3 piping systems.
- Working knowledge of fabrication and erection of structural steel in accordance with AISC 303, AISC 360, and recent California Building Code requirements with local jurisdictional amendments.
- Working knowledge of local building permit processes (Cities of Carson and Los
- Working knowledge of AWS structural welding requirements.
- Working knowledge of typical refinery equipment: rotating equipment such as pumps, compressors, fans, etc.; fixed equipment such as pressure vessels, boilers, heaters, etc.
- Working knowledge of construction safety, pre-construction planning, union labor management, heavy industrial construction techniques, QA/QC methodologies and best practices in project delivery methods.
- Extensive (10+ years) construction experience in refinery/petrochemical facilities.
- Substantial (5+ years) management experience.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.