Purpose of the role;
To provide process engineering and technical support to the Refinery, whilst also providing support and guidance to less experienced process engineers. Supervise the activities of process engineering within areas of responsibility.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and recommendations to Process Engineering Investigations (PEI) on unit performance.
- Participates in Availability Studies (e.g. RCA) and troubleshooting pan-refinery.
- Develops and advises on projects and process designs to support business development.
- Keeps a master catalyst, process chemicals and process additives inventory and contributes to selections with relevant process engineers.
- Recommends operational and process changes to enhance Refinery performance.
- Reference Technical Services Department (TSD) Procedure No 1.
- Develops long term plans to improve unit performance in area of responsibility.
- Responsible for reviewing and signing-off documents that require "Senior Process Engineer" approval, including but not limited to Capital Projects, Management of Change (MOC), Operating Limits changes and PSV calculations.
- Deputises for Technical Authority Process Engineering when required.
- Trains or ensures process engineers are suitably coached and competent to carry out their job functions effectively.
- Ensure regular 1:1's with direct reports including annual performance reviews.
To apply for this Senior Process Engineer role, you will need to be a Chemical Engineering graduate with at least 8 years of relevant industrial experience (refining experience preferred). You will also require the following:
- Degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
- Knowledge of refinery operations, including working knowledge of all refinery processes
- Formal HAZOP training (preferred)
- Chartered IChemE status (preferred).
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you will receive a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, joining a friendly and inclusive culture.
To apply for this full-time Senior Process Engineer job in South Humberside area, please contact NES Fircroft today.
With over 90 years of combined experience in delivering workforce solutions to the global energy industry, NES Fircroft is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & renewable, Infrastructure, and Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. We provide tailored staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline-specific team of consultants.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.