What's the Role
The world is changing fast, and Shell is changing too - not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. Corporate Relations (CR) delivers value by bringing the outside in to advance the competitive intelligence our businesses have for decision making and driving Shell's reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
In the role of Corporate Relations Advisor, you'll identify and manage social impacts, external stakeholders, and non-technical risks. You will work with senior leaders to help navigate changing societal preferences and grow Shell's reputation.Accountabilities:
- Primary focus on providing CR support for the Scotford Energy and Chemicals Park (located near Edmonton, AB)
- Develop stakeholder engagement strategies with a desired outcome for Shell to be recognized by external stakeholders as a responsible, successful business and a valued member of the communities in which our assets operate, while delivering business objectives and protecting the license to operate
- Ensure the effective management of non-technical risk (identification, integration, and mitigation plans)
- Develop external communications strategies including local media, content development and channel management
- Lead strategic internal communications at a site-level and to drive understanding of business strategy and performance
- Provide reputation management advice to asset and project leadership teams around performance, behavior and communications
- Execute credible and effective CR plans and reputation strategies that reflect an in-depth understanding of Shell strategy, business and local priorities, and an ability to influence and shape strategic internal and external outcomes
- Provide guidance and approval on all external requests, external presentations, tour requests, and external reporting at an asset level
: Candidate must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.What we need from you?
- Minimum of 10+ years' relevant experience
- Deep understanding of the external stakeholder and Indigenous Peoples landscape in Canada
- Experience supporting senior leadership teams
- Demonstration of stakeholder and risk management skills
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than the current employer
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed in the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women from under-represented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.