Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Job posting bookmarked!
Skills: Safety Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Work closely with Operations, Engineering, Technology, and Maintenance personnel to facilitate the Hazard and Effects Management Process (HEMP).
- As part of the HEMP facilitation, identify tolerability and/or ALARP gaps that could result in loss of containment and a major accident hazard.
- Apply Risk Assessment Matrix (RAM) to evaluate potential consequences from the release of a hazard.
- Apply HEMP tools (Layers of Protection Analysis, LOPA) and utilize technical safety knowledge when participating in process safety reviews.
- Apply the risk-based decision-making process to ensure that risks are controlled to As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
- Work as part of an effective team to identify interim measures and recommendations to close the gaps utilizing the HEMP Prioritization Tool.
- Identify HSSE Critical Equipment (HSSE CE) and critical activities (HSSE CA) as part of the HEMP process. Support Manage Equipment Care with equipment care strategy.
- Knowledgeable in HEMP Interfaces needed to engage appropriate Discipline Barrier Owners to ensure barrier effectiveness in the field.
- Support the Process Safety team with safeguarding information.
- Interpret, review and/or critique critical diagrams such as cause and effect, piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID), and alarm table.
- Knowledgeable of relevant codes and standards related to process/technical safety such as API, ASME, NFPA.
- Familiarity with both in-house (e.g. HEMP, FRED) and industrial (e.g. PHAPro, HAZOP, etc.) risk management tools.
- Skilled facilitator to achieve team alignment and able to facilitate and scribe at the same time
- Skill in MS Excel
- Good communication (both written and spoken), collaboration and organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Must know the API Standards (520/521, etc) for Process Safety / RV sizing and be able to challenge suggested barriers/recommendations
- Proficient typing skills are required
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organization, documentation, and follow-up
- Time management skills
- Motivates, coaches, and develops others
- Values difference in opinions