What is the role
As Turbine Engineer, sitting in the team that drives the technical side of the Offshore Wind business development in Shell, you will play a key role in developing the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) scope of new Offshore Wind projects. You will team up with Structural, Electrical, Operation and Maintenance, Contracting and Procurement and other experts to jointly work on new projects. This role will play a key part is supporting Shell's ambition to grow its offshore wind portfolio in the Americas on Shell supported JVs - Atlantic Shores.
You will work on WTG selection, assessments, design, and installation concept in the various phases of projects. You are expected to be a team player to bring new projects to a success. Projects can be tenders or green field development, and are both bottom founded or floating.
More specific duties include:
- Providing technical expertise for wind turbines for Shell's portfolio of offshore wind, including Joint Venture support, opportunity realization, Merger and Acquisition activities, due diligence, throughout the life cycle of offshore wind farm projects.
- Technical management for WTG supply and installation agreements. Leading preparation of tender documents, evaluation of tenders and technical contract negotiations with wind turbine manufacturers. Leading/supporting technical negotiations internally and externally and supporting commercial negotiations.
- Independent implementation and management of the prequalification of WTG (components) in the form of audits, technical due diligence, technical risk assessments, as well as first point of contact for suppliers
- Interfacing between Joint Venture team and Shell global offshore wind team, to ensure Subject Matter Expert reviews are organized, and best practices and lessons learned from the wider Shell organization are made available for the Joint Venture project team
- Managing load iteration process, and associated interfaces with suppliers
- Advising project teams on risk, opportunity, schedule, and cost for the WTG scope. Managing interfaces between WTG scope and other packages.
Work Location: Preferably New Jersey Project Office, alternately existing JV or Shell company office (Houston, Boston)
Ability to travel every month to a JV or parent office for 3-5 days at a time (depending on COVID related travel restrictions).Requirements:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Successfully completed university studies in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or in a comparable field)
- Knowledge and experience at least 5 years in the development, construction, functioning and operation of Wind Turbine Generators for offshore wind farms. Onshore windfarm experience may be considered
- Evidence of commitment to Health Safety and Environment
- Understanding of load iteration process
- Knowledge of Wind Turbine Supply Agreements, their technical aspects and commercial impact, proven experience in leading technical negotiation of these type of agreements
- In-depth experience in Technical Project management knowledge as well as experience in the professional management of project teams and support of employees
- Very good analytical and conceptual skills as well as the ability to think innovatively and strategically
- Good communication skills and high social competence
- Task-related willingness to travel, nationally as well as internationally
The base salary range for this position is $122,000.00 - $182,000.00 per year. Individual pay will be based on various factors, such as relevant work experience, education, certifications, skill level, seniority, and internal equity.Company description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.