R105217 Sr Facility EngineerWhat is the role
Trading Supply Operations (TSO) is looking for a highly motivated Senior Facilities Engineer (SFE) with significant multidisciplinary experience to support our New England distribution terminal assets. The FE has thorough knowledge in his/her own field of expertise and working knowledge in other disciplines. If you are passionate about maintaining assets' integrity and always strive to achieve safe, fit for purpose, reliable and cost-effective assets' operations, if you like supporting projects to improve your facilities and enjoy collaborating with others in a highly matrixial team; if you approach life with a learner's mindset and are as dynamic as you are curious, this role is for you.
New England distribution assets include three storage terminals, truck and rail loading/offloading facilities, a wharf, and pipelines. Your role will be to work with Operations and HSSE to assure continuous and sustainable improvement in the areas of engineering and operating practices whilst making sure these are aligned with Shell policies and Local Legislation. This role is key to assuring the Asset Integrity and Process safety of the Terminals you serve. As examples, you will:
- Support the Terminal Manager in his/her efforts to comply with the HSSE CF Manuals and mainly the Asset Integrity and Process Safety (AIPS) management manual, Shell requirements (DEM 1 and DEM2)
- Lead the identification of AI PS problems and assure to identify reasonable options, OPEX or CAPEX, aiming at the elimination of the observed risks
- Develop the Asset's 10-year Master Plan and include provisions for technical studies and surveys as well as implement investment, divestment, and maintenance activities, ensuring the proper integrity of the assets, through fit for purpose allocation
- Provide engineering expertise and collaborate with consultants/ specialists through contracted services, on equipment specification and selection, equipment maintenance and implementation of new technologies
- Review and provide technical support to Operations' led changes documented via MOCs
- Assure the safe reactivation of existing equipment as well as a safe startup of new assets
- Provide the Technical Assurance in the design, construction, and operation of systems within own competency specialty (Process, Automation and Control/ Electrical/ MMI/ Rotative/ Civil) or work with R&I and through our Engineering network to get support from the appropriate Technical Authority
- Participate in facility/area audits (safety, environmental, operational, measurement, etc.) as available and complete engineering related tasks that result from these assessments
- Ensure the proper and efficient operation of the Procurement function within the Distribution facilities with respect to the timely and cost-effective procurement of engineering materials, equipment, and services for the local organization through activities under own vigil
- Implement Standardization, Planning, and Best Practice initiatives in line with Global and Regional engineering practices, helping Distribution in managing the business in the Region
- Contribute to maintenance related analysis/reports for own facilities (i.e., Planned Maintenance, breakdowns, Maintenance Opex Performance)
- Implement major inspection and maintenance activities
- Support Measurement and Metering Maintenance activities
- Support colleagues through own analysis and investigations
- Where required, you will represent the operating unit on local industry groups
From a project management perspective, you will:
What we need from youRequirements:
- Identify Problems and opportunities for the terminal and provide a preliminary evaluation of the Risk or Value as well as options to resolve the issue or grasp the opportunity
- Participate in Design reviews, What's in/ What's out, HAZOPs, HAZIDs, HEMP reviews, ITPs, PSSRs and Statement of Fitness (SoFs), etc
- Work closely with the Project Manager in assuring startup plans provide appropriate operational documentation, barriers, and controls - all 6 pillars documentation delivered prior to SoF
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Engineering degree from accredited University in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical
- We look forward to hearing from professionals with at least five (5) years of experience preferably Mechanical (Static or Rotating), Electrical, or Instrumentation and that is eager to invest time and energy to learn the other disciplines and become a multi-disciplinary champion
- Skilled in one or more disciplines (Mechanical static, Mechanical Rotative, Pipeline, Instrumentation, Electrical, Inspection, Maintenance, Process Safety)
- Learner at heart, as the role is multidisciplinary.
- Humble, sharing own mistakes & learning, allowing the team to grow
- Team player to offers help but can also ask for it.
- Clarity in communications
- Outward mindset, allowing comprehension of other's objectives and needs
- Capacity for handling simultaneously multiple activities differing in nature and Importance, prioritize and bring them to the finish line
- Support Engineering Service Providers and contractors in accomplishment of studies or Maintenance tasks
- Organized, attentive to details and ready to put constant efforts to keep technical information on assets evergreen
- Problem Analysis skills and Capacity to deal with Ambiguity.
- Creative thinker for lean solutions - CI/Lean/6 Sigma certification is a plus
- Familiar with Project development and Execution (High level knowledge to understand when to support)
- Verbal and written proficiency in English required.
- Ability to learn Shell IT systems for maintenance and other Process Safety tracking
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.