Overview / Responsibilities Piping Maintenance Lead - Immingham (Site Based)
Wood require a site based Piping Team Lead to join our Operations & Maintenance business on a staff permanent basis, the role will join an established team on a major ongoing Oil Refinery Maintenance contract at our client site in Immingham. Key interfaces include, Workshop Manager, Client Engineers, Maintenance Schedulers, Maintenance Controllers and Gatekeepers.
Ideally it is preferred that the appointed Team Lead will be local to our client site. Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Alongside our benefits package, the client site also offers a flexible working pattern arrangement every other Friday. As part of the role the appointed will deliver a high quality, consistent and competent Piping Supervisory construction service in accordance with project, company requirements, standards, and procedures.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Key aims and objectives:
- Carry out supervision and co-ordination of pipefitters and materials.
- Perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently in accordance with project requirements, procedures, specifications.
- Manage and control timesheets and any delays in line with contract requirements.
You will also be required too:
- Completion of probationary evaluations and assessments in accordance with Wood competency assurance system, CDCA.
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
- Support overall delivery of company goals and schedule, ensure all that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric, or environment.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company and project policies, working practices and procedures, always ensuring that the piping, assembly work scope is completed safely and to a high standard.
Skills / Qualifications
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable work pack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawings, sketches.
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply. Expected:
- Extensive track record managing Piping activities within Oil & Gas, Petrochemical sector
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Considerable experience of supervising staff
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.