Overview / Responsibilities The preferred partner for delivering digitally enabled capital investments with low carbon solutions.
Wood's Projects business unit specialises in delivering predictable and consistent results in high complexity projects that include new technology, challenging construction logistics and, or sheer scale. Just like the nature and expansiveness of our sectors, so is our Projects business, in its solutions, abilities and global track record. Across any major capital project lifecycle, we provide a full suite of solutions from programme and project management, to engineering and design, procurement, construction and project delivery.
Powered by a global team of more than 12,000 people, we deliver some of the world's boldest and most critical projects
in many diverse and evolving sectors, including:
- Upstream / Midstream / Downstream Oil & Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Mining & Minerals
- Industrials & Manufacturing
- Life Sciences
- Government services
We have an opportunity for a Lead Planning Engineer in Reading on a Permanent basis. This is a challenging and diverse role where you will have the opportunity to provide a complete planning service to the project management team on large, complex projects with a global reach, as well as support to the corporate Planning Manager and Proposals Group within the Project Controls Department.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, project set up and execution through all phases.
What we can offer
- Review and understand all relevant project documentation including scope of services, project execution plan, proposal/project schedule (including manpower projection plan), WBS, conditions of contract
- Work within the standard planning/scheduling procedures. Ensure that these procedures fulfil client requirements and develop additional project specific procedures where necessary
- Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures and to ensure that sufficient planning resources are provided
- Direct and control the work of all Planning Engineers assigned to the project
- Mentor and develop Planning team members, where appropriate
- Assist Manager, Planning with performance appraisals of assigned Planning Engineers
- Liaise with Client Project Control personnel as necessary
- To ensure the timely preparation and issue of a full suite of baseline planning and reporting controls
- Lead regular schedule review meetings with the project team including schedule development and schedule risk workshops as required
- Identify and control schedule interfaces between other Affiliate or Joint Venture Partners, licensors' and subcontractors' activities
- Produce current physical progress reports and final job statistics
- Maintain accurate schedule and control curves in an updated condition
- Analyse schedule trends and produce regular forecasts of schedule performance and issues for project review
- Prepare and issue project action reports to Project Manager/Project Control Manager
If all of this sounds good to you, review the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Skills / Qualifications
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across the energy transition, emerging and conventional energy sectors
- A caring team culture; we support each other professionally and personally, encouraging knowledge sharing across all areas of the business
- Energy Transition Academy; join a community of experts sharing your knowledge and gaining more exposure to a variety of existing and emerging energy systems - delivered by experts in their field
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive renumeration package with regular reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays),plus the potential for one additional 'flex day' per month. Further benefits include a generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
Even if you don't have all the skills and experience listed, we still welcome your application. At Wood, we value diversity and equal opportunities, and we believe in accessing all the talent available. So if you have some of the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience to help us tackle the world's biggest challenges and develop your potential, please don't hesitate to apply.
- Relevant degree / Chartered Engineer or appropriate experience
- Primavera P6 102
- Primavera P6 106
- Experience in one or more of upstream oil and gas, midstream, LNG, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals and power industries
- Level 5 QCF in Planning/Project Controls
- Member of a Professional Institution
- Specialist knowledge in project control system (Primavera P6)
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.